Sad, Sad Day................

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Wrecked the snake today. Prolly going to get totaled. Damage to the front and the rear. I wasn't driving fast, it was a very hot day, short rain burst made the pavement very very slick. Rear end kicked out in a sharp curve, got a Toyota Corrolla with the front (glancing blow), then spun around and nailed a Dodge Ram in the right front tire with the back of the snake. Sub Frame welds still intact so there is my ray of hope. Total distance from initial loss of traction to the car being stopped was less than 50 yards. A total accident, I would feel better about it if I had been driving like I usually do, then I could blame me for it. 3 cars, 5 people involved, no injuries so that is something to be thankful for. Not sure how much I will get if it is totaled, the car is paid off. Anyway, be careful out there. Peace

ROUSHS2

Fist Pumping Your Mom
Established Member
Sry to hear about your loss the car can be replaced glad your ok:)

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Sorry to hear about the death in the family. Just hope they total it. Don't wanna be driving around something that's been repaired.

Crazee Horse

Established Member
My condolences. Just had my daughter bash my 67 into an explorer. She was OK too. Glad you faired as well. Bad day for Mustangs I guess.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
sorry to hear about the cobra....that really sounds like a kick in the pants. atleast everyone that was involved is OK, hope everything works out for you

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Man, that's a drag.

Glad you and everyone else are OK.

Have read too many of these posts over the last 2 years. Agree with you that we need to be careful out there!

Can you tell us what your rear tires were? A lot of guys have lost the rear in the wet with drag slicks.

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
No Prob, running a set of Pirelli P7000 Supersports w/about 600 miles on them.

BTW, if they total it since I have the title and own the car, there will be some stock parts going back on it and I will have some pieces parts for sale.

Wildcard

Established Member
Glad to hear that you are okay and that no one was hurt. Car can be fixed or replaced, but you can't.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Sorry about the misfortune.

If it's totaled, what color you gettin' next? ;-)

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your crash. I'm glad no one was hurt. Drag radials?

All of our insurance rates will now be kicked up a tiny little bit. The more Cobras that crash, the worse off we all are. :(

stevieb

Established Member
Glad to see youre ok. Had a friend in a new 10th get hit in the r/f, at less than 20 mph by a mercedes, they totalled the car. But he bought it back for $3500. for parts

SVT4ME

Established Member
Wow, sorry to hear but I may want a part from the car. Let me know how it works out!

Users who are viewing this thread