sad news about fuel

BRIMSTONE

Please be aware that the octane for premium gasoline shipped through California’s common-carrier pipeline system is changing from 92 to 91 octane. As a result, virtually all California premium gasoline, including 76 premium grade gasoline will be 91 octane starting August 1, 2001.

Please contact your district manager if you have any questions during the conversion process. In addition to the information below specifically about the change, attached is basic information about octane from the American Petroleum Institute.

more info:
http://www.binaryvista.com/temp/ToscoMemo1.html

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Mike,
Now what do you do? Is that 1 octane rating going to make a difference? If California is doing it, it will only be a matter of time till the rest of us see the same thing.

Brian

BRIMSTONE

Originally posted by Cobra-R
Mike,
Now what do you do? Is that 1 octane rating going to make a difference? If California is doing it, it will only be a matter of time till the rest of us see the same thing.

Brian

I'm not sure what to do, but I don't want to try 91 octane in the 00R engine, even for street driving.

These are the options that I see:

1 - have a supply of race fuel to mix with 91 fuel everytime I need more gas

2 - try this: http://www.torcoracefuels.com/ACCEL 1.htm
have you ever heard of it? anyone?

kevin

the above site ya mentioned, i looked at briefly. they mention that there product will give the results indicated if you start with 93 octane.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

BRIMSTONE

Originally posted by kevin
the above site ya mentioned, i looked at briefly. they mention that there product will give the results indicated if you start with 93 octane.

kevin.#22,#41,#80

I think you can use it with any octane, it just won't raise it as much.

Users who are viewing this thread