Sad day for 260,000 dead American military veterans

Coiled03

Established Member
Seriously? You'd murder someone over a piece of rock? And you people still can't figure out why the stigma exists. :rolleyes:

Right.

I'm sure you'd be perfectly OK with it if someone desecrated the headstone of someone you care about. It's called respecting the dead. I'm not saying shooting someone over it is the right response. But then, your tone-deaf rebuttal is no better, is it?

Coiled03

Established Member
People here claim to hate how PC the world has become, but then go out of their way to be PC so we don't know their true feelings. We know "code" language when we see it, just say wtf you mean and live with the responses it garners.

No, you don't know "code" language. You only think you do because you're looking for the worst possible way to take things, and using it to get upset.

Seriously, if you think you know this so-called code language, let's see some examples.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
No, you don't know "code" language. You only think you do because you're looking for the worst possible way to take things, and using it to get upset.

Seriously, if you think you know this so-called code language, let's see some examples.

Upset? No sir, and I won't play that "That's not what I meant" game with anyone.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Right.

I'm sure you'd be perfectly OK with it if someone desecrated the headstone of someone you care about. It's called respecting the dead. I'm not saying shooting someone over it is the right response. But then, your tone-deaf rebuttal is no better, is it?

So there's someone alive today that directly lost a loved one during the Civil War?? Why haven't they been all over the news?? That's Guiness World Record territory right there!

And to answer your moronic question, no, I wouldn't be okay with someone desecrating the headstone of someone I care about. But I sure is heck wouldn't murder them over it! Especially if it was someone I never even met from 150 years ago! Jeez. Get a clue.

And for god's sake, LEARN HOW TO MULTI-QUOTE!!!

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
They renamed a park in Memphis last year. Wasn't enough. Now they have voted to not only remove the monument but to dig up a man's bones and move them elsewhere. Nathan Bedford Forrest. This is getting ridiculous. Leave the dead alone

Coiled03

Established Member
So there's someone alive today that directly lost a loved one during the Civil War??

I was talking in general, I thought that was obvious. Guess I shouldn've have expected anything better from one of the resident village idiots.

Get a clue.

That's rich coming from you, of all people.

And for god's sake, LEARN HOW TO MULTI-QUOTE!!!

Already know how. But I'm gonna keep NOT doing just to piss you off.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
They renamed a park in Memphis last year. Wasn't enough. Now they have voted to not only remove the monument but to dig up a man's bones and move them elsewhere. Nathan Bedford Forrest. This is getting ridiculous. Leave the dead alone

We can't risk any Poltergeist issues in the future. Gotta move the headstones AND the bodies. :poke:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I was talking in general, I thought that was obvious. Guess I shouldn've have expected anything better from one of the resident village idiots.

That's rich coming from you, of all people.

Already know how. But I'm gonna keep NOT doing just to piss you off.

If you were talking "in general," then your comment was just plain stupid and not needed. (Wow. No surprise there.) As far as quoting goes, you've already been told by mods before about your ineptness on multi-quotes. You should be more worried about pissing them off.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
You'll need to find some first. (Besides the MLK monument in DC.)

Being that I am a tolerant person I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by thinking you are just being funny rather than ignorant because certainly you must know there are more monuments besides MLK in D.C.,

Would you kindly answer what you originally quoted?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Being that I am a tolerant person I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by thinking you are just being funny rather than ignorant because certainly you must know there are more monuments besides MLK in D.C.,

Would you kindly answer what you originally quoted?

Considering that black people aren't running around killing white people en masse and getting away scott free, vandalism of that sort would be pointless and probably be considered a hate crime. Happy now? Is that enough for you to pick apart?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Considering that black people aren't running around killing white people en masse and getting away scott free, vandalism of that sort would be pointless and probably be considered a hate crime. Happy now? Is that enough for you to pick apart?
So you are saying white people are killing black people en masse and getting away Scott free?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member

It's safe to say the people who vandalized said monuments with the "black lives matter" bull would and should be charged with some sort of hate crime?

Back to your comment about the only black monument being MLK in D.C., you were being funny, right?

Coiled03

Established Member
If you were talking "in general," then your comment was just plain stupid and not needed. (Wow. No surprise there.) As far as quoting goes, you've already been told by mods before about your ineptness on multi-quotes. You should be more worried about pissing them off.

Actually, I haven't been told by anyone about mutli-quoting. I'm guessing your complete lack of reading comprehension skills, or intelligence in general, led you to your false statement.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Why anyone North of the mason Dixon line would even want to fly a flag used by forces that might have killed one of their relatives is a ****ing mystery to me.

For the simple reason that millions of current Americans likely had ancestors on both sides during that timeframe…all the more reason to preserve all of the American history associated with the conflict.

I personally had relatives in Mississippi, California, Indiana and Georgia during those years. Two that were farmers in Georgia volunteered to fight with the 59th Georgia Infantry Regiment during that war.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
For the simple reason that millions of current Americans likely had ancestors on both sides during that timeframe…all the more reason to preserve all of the American history associated with the conflict.

I personally had relatives in Mississippi, California, Indiana and Georgia during those years. Two that were farmers in Georgia volunteered to fight with the 59th Georgia Infantry Regiment during that war.

How is flying that flag on government buildings/monuments "preserving American history?" Should we still have steam locomotives in active service of commerce? Should we still have first generation airplanes for public transport? Model Ts? It's amazing how well the Nazi regime is holding its place in history, yet not one government in the world flies its flag or has Hitler/SS monuments erected all over the place. In fact, the name "Adolf Hitler" has been banned from use in Germany, yet everyone still remembers him.

That people are wanting the Confederate rag to still wave on government buildings to "preserve heritage/history" is beyond disingenuous and is truly nothing more than a cry to say F*** YOU to minorities, blacks in particular. To claim anything else is a flat out lie. SC raised that flag DIRECTLY in protest and defiance of desegregation and the Civil Rights Movement.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
**** this country for the fact one stupid group of people have such a voice compared to any other. And the ignorance behind "da confederate flag dat repwesents da souf and slavery!" is ****ing astounding.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
How is flying that flag on government buildings/monuments "preserving American history?" Should we still have steam locomotives in active service of commerce? Should we still have first generation airplanes for public transport? Model Ts? It's amazing how well the Nazi regime is holding its place in history, yet not one government in the world flies its flag or has Hitler/SS monuments erected all over the place. In fact, the name "Adolf Hitler" has been banned from use in Germany, yet everyone still remembers him.

That people are wanting the Confederate rag to still wave on government buildings to "preserve heritage/history" is beyond disingenuous and is truly nothing more than a cry to say F*** YOU to minorities, blacks in particular. To claim anything else is a flat out lie. SC raised that flag DIRECTLY in protest and defiance of desegregation and the Civil Rights Movement.

These Confederate soldiers are military veterans protected by Congress (I use protected loosely because obviously they aren't).

The battle flag being removed in SC was on a veterans monument not on a government building.

Many veterans of the civil war actually had prior service in the plain ol' U.S. Army prior to their hitch with CSA units after the war broke out. Since they were attached and died with the CSA we should forget their military service, sacrifice, and contributions prior to that? Seems like the way to do it, don't agree with a fraction of history, so erase it all and label everyone as racist.

Nobody had a problem with the family of Michael Brown erecting a traffic hazard monument to his life in the middle of a ****ing public street. Now they are going to put a permanent marker on a public ****ing side-walk. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_04e42ee6-de62-5d97-be1a-631a098d2566.html

Do you see the hypocrisy?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member

It does not have a place on government buildings. I can completely agree there.

The removal of monuments and refusal to honor soldiers who often had no choice but to participate is where I have an issue. Just speaking on my family history but as sharecroppers in MS who literally owned nothing they were told to serve in the Confederate army or they would be pushed from the land. They were fighting for the chance at a future. Not everyone on the Confederate side were rich slaveowners.

As a side note I had a relative who served as an officer in both the Confederate and US armies. He has a monument in DC. Should it be removed because he served in the Confederate army before his accomplishments in the US army?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread