Sacramento Toys for Tots December 11th

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Just wanted to put this out there because it's a great cause. For those of you who I haven't met or talked to names Mike I'm now the Asst. Director for the Sacramento Norcalsvtoa chapter but first and foremost I am a mustang and car fanatic! Our chapter director set this up and we are getting together a group to meet cruise and donate some toys to the USMC Toys For Tots drive on December 11th in Elk Grove. I don't care what people's club affiliations may be so SVTPerformance/Norcalsvtoa/Cafords/Ca-Mustangs/Golden Hills Mustang, etc etc etc if you are in the Sac area that day and want to hang out with some Stang friends and help out some needy kids for Christmas we would appreciate your participation. I know a lot of you have kids and a lot of you are military so you all know what the USMC Toys for Tots does.

The plan is to meet at the In-n-Out Burger in West Sacramento ( 780 Ikea Court, West Sacramento, CA 95605) (its next to the IKEA) at 11:30am.That will give people and opportunity to meet...chat....grab something to eat if they want......then we will hit the road around 12:30pm and head over to the Marine's Toys for Tots event (Bel Air Supermarket...8787 Elk Grove Blvd -- just east of Highway 99 off the freeway) at 1:00pm. There is supposed to be media coverage in attendance. The Toys for Tots event has asked they we park and hang out as a group for about an hour after we drop off the toys to give the media flexibility to shoot any footage of our group that they may want in conjunction with the Toy collection event.

After the event, we will then take a nice relaxing cruise down along the scenic Sacramento River heading out over Twin Cities Rd, and driving down Highway 160 to just North of Isleton where there is a great pullout for photo ops with the Sacramento River in the background. From there we will then travel the river road back north along the Sacramento River back into West Sacramento. Its a nice relaxing route with great views of the river all along the way.

After the cruise, for those interested we will stop and get some dinner as a group. Should be an absolutely amazing afternoon of events.

Hope to see you there. Please tell your friends and please chime in if you plan to make it loooking forward to getting a huge number of toys for these kids!

[ame="http://norcalsvtoa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7253"]"Holiday Cruise for the Cause" - NorCal SVTOA Forums[/ame]

Last edited:

Black306

Established Member
I'll have to see what the weather is like. My Cobra doesn't like the rain. :lol:

As for going down the river road, don't cut yourself short by going through Twin Cities; take Hood Franklin. You'll get more of the cool river roads by taking Hood Franklin.

8700 Elk Grove Blvd, Elk Grove, CA 95624 to Isleton, CA - Google Maps

I've explored a lot of that area between I5 and 84, and between West Sac and Rio Vista. Some roads are nice, some ... not so nice.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Yeah we did the run a few months back some cool roads, as far as rain I'll be there in the cobra regardless we have some people coming in their trucks figure a ford is a ford lol Hope to see you out there it's a great cause.

O4COBRA

Established Member
I'm in for sure. Excuse my lack of knowledge, what's the rules for toys? Just so I can get the right things. I'll see you guys there...

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
I'm in for sure. Excuse my lack of knowledge, what's the rules for toys? Just so I can get the right things. I'll see you guys there...

Glad to hear it, as far as toys they just have to be new and no gift wrap. I think I'm gonna grab one for a boy and one for a girl they don't really care about size price etc just new and unwrapped.

Last edited:

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Well we are still a couple weeks out and we have 20 cars signed up thus far plus some maybes thanks for the support everyone lets keep it going would be great to drop off a ton of toys for these kids!

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Less then a week now can't wait to see everyone, talking to some buddies it sounds like we are going to have quite a few toys for the kids!

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Also for anyone coming from the East Bay a group has orgnaized a meeting location for the drive up to Sacramento to join us. Hope to see some of you there.

[ame=http://www.norcalsvtoa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7336]Sat. Dec. 11th East Bay Meet - NorCal SVTOA Forums[/ame]

LilSeabass

Established Member
Really looking forward to this event. Weather "looks" like it is going to be pretty good for this time of year. Appears to be around 25 vehicles confirmed for this...going to help make alot of kids have a brighter Xmas this year....can't go wrong with that!

O4COBRA

Established Member
Well I had to push back my tuning day @ AED to the 11th at 9. So I should have plenty of time to get over to In-N-Out by 12 or 12:30. So I might be late, but for a good reason! :beer:

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Looks like the weather is going to hold for us YES!! And for anyone who still wants to pick up a toy I went to Wal Mart the other day and they have a ton of toys on sale. See you in the morning.

LilSeabass

Established Member
Thanks to those who came out today link to pics is in the Pics section.

+1 Big thanks to all that took part and made this first event a BIG success! Will be doing it again next year and will shoot to make it even bigger and better!

Everyone have a great Holiday!

Users who are viewing this thread