Sacramento Area Cruise 21st

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
I know it's short notice but if you're free and want to hit some twisty roads and get a good burger after check this out my boy Ryan set this up for us.

August 21st (Saturday):
---------------------------------------------------
1. 9:00am Meet at In n Out in Folsom off of E. Bidwell Exit and Highway 50. Address is 225 Placerville Rd, Folsom CA. 95630

2. Depart 9:30am. Take Highway 50 east to Pollock Pines/Sly Park exit. Will drive to Jenkinson Lake (quick photo stop here) and then take the famous Mormon Emagrant Trail across the divide to Highway 88. This is a historic.... nice two lane road that travels along the ridge and comes out just south of Silver Lake on Highway 88. Great views to be had as your driving ridge top sometimes....and not much traffic either. If you haven't taken it before its a cool road and a great short cut over to highway 88 from 50.

Jenkinson Lake
Traveling the Mormon Emigrant Trail
Mormon Emigrant Trail, Iron Mountain Road - Sly Park to Highway 88, Pollock Pines, CA

3. Then head south on Highway 88 to Bear Valley Reservoir. Well step off the road and head down to the water to find some great photo spots. There is a rustic resort and restaurant there, and we can get out and rest for a while. Enjoy the water....scenery.... should be nice!

Lower Bear River Campground, Northern Sierra Nevada, California

4. Then back to 88 south and will head down to Jackson, where we can stop and eat a late lunch at Mels and Fayes Diner. Great place to eat, plenty of parking to be had. Ice Cream and Burgers galore, Great indoor and outdoor eating too.

Mel and Fayes Diner located on scenic Highway 88 in Jackson California

5. Well then head back down Highway 49 to 16 a bit and cut over on Scott, Rd to head back to Folsom. Or others can continue to head back 16 to Sac. Central Valley attendees can take 104 or 88 from Jackson back further down the valley.

Should be a fun route with alot of two lane/twisty roads....yet great scenery will not be in short demand. Hopefully we can get a great turnout. Maybe we will even see some fold from the Central Valley or Bay Area...would love to have you! As always typical Cruise rules will be enforced.

03svtzak

Established Member
i would have gone but im in Korea. but maybe in nov? be back on the 4th. try to plan another one? I got a few buddys that would come down in there stangs.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
i would have gone but im in Korea. but maybe in nov? be back on the 4th. try to plan another one? I got a few buddys that would come down in there stangs.

We are planning one pretty much every month I know there's one the 19th of Sept and a plan in the works for the OCT cruise already Get home quick and safe!

03svtzak

Established Member
We are planning one pretty much every month I know there's one the 19th of Sept and a plan in the works for the OCT cruise already Get home quick and safe!

Thanks. Just keep me updated, i love to Take the girl for a drive. :burnout:

Its been almost a year.

Users who are viewing this thread