SAAC 37 at WGI

67bigblock

Established Member
I know there were a few of you at the SAAC/SVRA event we just held at Watkins Glen.
I met Bret who has a 95 R and and few other R's were present. I am sorry i could not meet everyone or do the photo as I was either wrenching the car or running it the whole time. I was there a week.
I will post a few photos.
I was driving the 00 R NASA car that Flying Fred bought new and modded.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

SDW Racing

Established Member
Bill,

Saw your car in the garage, but you were not around...we were in a golf cart most of the time watching from different corners.....something we have never done, since we were usually on track at WGI......glad to see you are still doing track miles, that is one great car!

brianz426

Established Member
Bill,
I also saw your car in the garage. I think I saw it at tech on Wednesday (with the front end off?) when we pulled up. I wanted to say hi but it seems everytime I had a break you were'nt around. It was a fun (and very busy) weekend. Your car looked and sounded great out on the track.

flattrack53

Established Member
My favorite picture is the one with Rick Kopec's r-model behind you. Glad you had a good time! I wish I could of made it

67bigblock

Established Member
Bill,
I also saw your car in the garage. I think I saw it at tech on Wednesday (with the front end off?) when we pulled up. I wanted to say hi but it seems everytime I had a break you were'nt around. It was a fun (and very busy) weekend. Your car looked and sounded great out on the track.

Guilty
That was me. I already had the nose off for a repair and "tech" was OK with that as they know front pieces often get removed for ingress/egress with trailer.
Sorry I missed speaking with sooo many of you guys. If i was not near car it means I must have been doing lunch since we were all AM and then SVRA.
So after that meant; hydration, lunch more hydration walking around.
I must say we were really kicking some serious azz in Freddyz car in the advanced group and I hope to meet up with him at the track one of these days. You too Bruce. I hope to give you fellers a run for the money as the car is still running really well.
ANd my greenhorn status is gone,.....at least at WGI.

67bigblock

Established Member
Very cool
All I can tell you is that I was passing everyone like they were in a VW Microbus except the Orange ERA GT40 and my buddy's FFR Coupe.
I think I "pointed by" a new Orange Boss 302 race car with wing and I can't recall if I then had time to get around him.
With three days on the track and fixing "something" it was a great time but fatiguing and so I can't recall every last detail.
I can say that my speeds have gone UP and that I ran a 2.17.7 for sure and that we did have faster laps but I can't quantify them at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread