S550 CAI tube ONLY??

RSKtakR

Established Member
Has anyone seen/heard of an intake tube that would only replace the crappy factory accordion/tube style intake tube from the factory with just a clean smooth and better flowing tube that will mount on to the throttle body and the factory air box topside and still have the connections for the 4 or 5 hoses that attach to the factory intake tube? I wasn't wanting to run an all out total aftermarket CAI because the factory one is suppose to flow pretty good, I cut off the two box like things on the factory CAI that reduce sound and plugged the holes, took out the sound deadener or whatever that cloth is that is on the inside that I think also is there to reduce noise, and cut/smoothed out some "blockages" that were no longer needed in the factory air box upper. I was just wanting to throw a K&N in and a smoother intake tube and that's it. I remember reading that the K&N drop in yielded little to no gains on the 11-14's though but I wonder if there would be any gains (with a tune for a CAI) with a smooth aftermarket tube and the K&N drop in? Pros/cons? waste of time?? opinions...

Lagometer

Established Member
I'm waiting, with ever decreasing patience, for Ford Performance to step up with their air filter/tune kit or CAI/tune kit. This tube looks like it would be a good addition to the air filter/tune.

Users who are viewing this thread