S550 brakes on 03 04

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Wish you took a pic. I've been wondering how bad it looks.
I have a pair of GT500 calipers, buy I just cant bring myself to order that kit. Seems dangerous. I'm all set with spacers behind my rotors, and an extra 1.5" of track width.
Think I may throw my calipers up for sale and grab a Wilwood 14" Superlite kit.

I know the guy so let me see if I can get him to send me a pic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Here are a couple of photos. The car just went to storage and he won’t be able to get to it for a little while but you can see just by this photo how far the front sticks out. It’s even more obvious from the front view.

Attachments

• CA4BC68D-55E8-42C4-BDD6-5F0A4BAA8FEF.jpeg
    CA4BC68D-55E8-42C4-BDD6-5F0A4BAA8FEF.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 196
  • AA03B2A7-DBD0-41F7-B26D-2891E696E14F.jpeg
    AA03B2A7-DBD0-41F7-B26D-2891E696E14F.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 184

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Here are a couple of photos. The car just went to storage and he won’t be able to get to it for a little while but you can see just by this photo how far the front sticks out. It’s even more obvious from the front view.

Thank you so much. You just saved me some trouble. If it looks like that on a new edge, I can only imagine how it would look on my 98.
Now I'm gonna have a pair of calipers to sell.

Edit:
Just noticed that pic shows a Wilwood caliper, not a GT500 caliper?

Last edited:

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Thank you so much. You just saved me some trouble. If it looks like that on a new edge, I can only imagine how it would look on my 98.
Now I'm gonna have a pair of calipers to sell.

Edit:
Just noticed that pic shows a Wilwood caliper, not a GT500 caliper?

Not sure on the calipers, but the wheels spacers are the same. Let me ask him which brake kit those are. He said they were on the car when he bought it and he is going to be removing them after he gets done with his fox project.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah the Wilwood kits don't use spacers behind the rotor (not that I've seen anyway)
I'm curious as to what setup that is.

KyleSVT

Terminated
Established Member
Are you happy with the quality of the calipers?
I'm looking at the 6 piston 14" kit

Yea I'm super happy with it. Kit comes with everything you need and is just a simple bolt on no extra spacers or having to deal with anything like that and the performance is fantastic. I painted mine red to match my car as well.

GodStang

Established Member

He has coil overs on. So he has an aftermarket K-Memember. I have stock brakes on mine and my front sticks out the same as his so it could be from the K-member it sticking out and not the brakes.

Last edited:

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I will find out what K member he has. I have a full tubular K member and aftermarket control arms myself and have no such issues. It’s my understanding that some aftermarket K members do have that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I will find out what K member he has. I have a full tubular K member and aftermarket control arms myself and have no such issues. It’s my understanding that some aftermarket K members do have that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The companies have them stick out like that in the name of suspension geometry to aid in lateral grip. I'm going to assume that most of you guys already knew that, but figured I would throw it out there anyway. Personally, I dont road race my car so I'm not worried about the stock brakes yet. I do drag race it and there are a few tracks that have shorter shut downs and I may consider better brakes for that. The drag race kits dont usually have larger diameter rotors than our stock size, so that's a plus for me.
I really dont like the look of the wheels pushed out in front, but I wouldnt be worried about that if it was functionally beneficial to how I used my car. That's just my lousy opinion though.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
My MM k member pushes my wheels out about an inch and forward about an inch and a quarter. I like the way the wheel sits in the fender well and I can clear most big brake kits. But I do get a tiny bit of rub under heavy brake and turning, currently I have the baer PBR kit, but I do want to go with the six piston 14 inch when it’s back on the road

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Do you have pics of your car with that on it?
I don’t have any under car pics...I can try to get some for you early next week, if you’d like. I’m in the middle of some maintenance (radiator sprung a leak, so while it’s out, I’m doing accessory belt, pulleys, 3G alternator, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread