S55 picked on the wrong 5 liter....

Cobrasm

Banned
Ok this story happened awhile ago, but everytime i tell it people love it, so i thought id post. I still had my silver 91 LX hatch 5.0 with all the bolt ons, gears, shifter, and a B cam. With the slicks it was good for a 13.0@ around 113 and without about a 13.5@around 108. I was coming home from my girls house on a main strip of road known for cruising. Im just minding my own business, im in the far right lane, and i try to move over, but theres a big white mercedes to my left. I speed up a bit and try to get over, but the merc speeds up to. Im like ok dick and i wave my hand out the window like "pass me hurry up". The merc gets right next to me, and with his dome light on, stares at me, then floors it. He took off pretty quick and on the back of his car it said "S55 AMG". Im like hmm interesting, so i floor it past the dude thinking it was over, (mad traffic, couldnt race). I get on the highway a mile up the road and im cruisin at about 70. I see some HID's comin up behind me. Sure enough, its the benz. Haivng no idea if this car was going to rape me or not, i said what the **** whynot. I speed up to get right in my good 80mph roll powerband and downshift to fourth. My exhaust is really growling now and the guy hears this, we both hit it simultaneously. We stay dead-even for a good 5 seconds, then i slowly pull away on this guy. He pulls up next to me again and has his dome light on and gives me the "suck my dick motion". IM like ok asshole lets go again. I give it some revs and we both hit it from about 85. Same results. he got smoked again. This time i wait for him to catch up, and put my dome light on. I pointed and laughed. He didnt look too happy, he was a middle aged white guy in an expensive ass car. haha picked on the wrong 5.0, prolly my most satisfying kill to date. I dont know what year this was, i know it was a newer one, but i believe they change the hortsepower and torque alot, so im not sure exactly what year i beat.

redrooster

Established Member
I'm calling bs

You are saying a stock 5.0 was running 113 mph? No way! Not with out some serious mods. h/c/i maybe a built bottom end too. Not just bolt ons and a b-cam.

Cobrasm

Banned
BBK CAI
BBK 75mm TB
Trickflow upper/lower IM
BBK equal length shorty headers
Bassani Offroad X-pipe
MAC mufflers
FRPP B-Cam
FRPP 4.10 rear
Hurst Shifter
Nitto 555R 255 tires
(M/T DR for the track)

I went and got my timeslips for redrooster.....

Runs:
13.9@104 (first time ever at track)
13.6@107
13.5@107
13.1@112 (slicks) (gutted interior)
13.0@112 (slicks) (gutted interior)
13.0@113 (slicks) (gutted interior)

The heads were stock 5.0 heads, but are brand new, the guy who had the car before me wanted to have a stock show car. I had other ideas. Hate if you want, amazing what a little 5 liter can do when you can drive......:nono:

Noredline

Established Member
Yeah, too bad the guy was a jerk. We are not all like that (AMG owners that is) I have not had a chance to run anyone yet, but am looking forward to my first with this car. If I win, it is thumbs up, and if I lose it is thumbs up. Cant be a sore loser out there!

Dolemite

Established Member
It didn't say V8 Kompressor on the side, did it? It must have been a 2002 (360hp). The newer ones, 2003-05 have 493hp and run mid 12's. Nice kill anyway.

Last edited:

Dolemite

Established Member
Originally posted by Noredline
Partially correct, 469hp, 516 torque, the 493 hp engines are in the SL, CL, and S55's.

The name of this thread is "S55 picked on the wrong 5 liter" I guess that would mean that he raced an S55 right?

redrooster

Established Member
Not hating

Look dude. I'm not trying to hate on another mustang guy, but I've owned 7 mustangs 5 of which were 5.0s. So I'm somewhat familiar with a pushrod motor. I have drag raced all of them. Your ET does not match your trap mph. If you were on slicks you should have an ET of about 12.5 or lower if you can drive. Never in all my years of drag racing have I seen a car with your mods go faster than about 105 to 106 and that was a much faster ET. If you car did run that fast BRAVO. I'm just saying it ain't likely.

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
As much as i like this story those times are a little crazy. Are you sure he didnt put AFRs on there or something? With my stock heads the best i could trap was 101.99. Now ill give it to you that maybe you are lighter and la da da, but with stock E7TE heads i dont see you trapping over 105ish. Unless they were really worked over. Also with a crappy 1.97 60ft on nittos im going 12.90s at 107. If your going 113mph on slicks you should be killing my times

Noredline

Established Member
Thanks for being cool, most of the drivers here are. 996TTx50 has said the same thing. I too like to see drivers actually drive their cars.

Mine is treating me well. I have put dark tint all around, changed out the stock split 5 spoke alluminum rims for chrome, and am looking at some Renntech engine mods. It's pretty fast out of the box, but I can see myself either getting beat, or just tired of the power, or both. Looking forward to going to the track to begin to learn how to get a good 1/4 mile time:)

Cobrasm

Banned
Unless the guy who had the car before me had done some headwork he didnt tell me about (cuz they were new heads, but to my knowledge stock, since i never had them off myself personally) I dunno what to tell you dude, im readin the times right off my timeslips, and i was the one there drivin the car that night. It had rained earlier in the day on the night i ran the slicks, and it was humid, so that had something to do with the times. be that as it may i guess this is stupid to argue about.... My friend that bought the car from me went to the track a week ago, ill ask him what he ran so i can compare.....

Dolemite

Established Member
Originally posted by Noredline
Kindof a dumass when it comes to attachements. The pics dont have an http addy, they are in my computer. Any suggestions?

I don't know how to do that kind of stuff. Can any one else help?

lxboy

Established Member
i agree with the other guys your trap speeds do not match the et's and trust me a fox body's powerband is not 80 mph in forth that is when these cars start to run out of steam especially with stock heads haha why dont you read a few more posts before you make up your next story

Users who are viewing this thread