S197 suspension set ups?

jmy2469

Established Member
I have a 08 Mustang GT convertible that is my daily driver.
Would ilke to do some suspension mods. Looking to see what people have done so far.Would like to improve the handling and also drop the car a little. Thanks for the info

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
I have Eibach Sportline Springs, with Tokico D-spec Struts and Shocks, Steeda Caster/Camber plates that bolt to the side of the struts, and a BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar...

I still what to do upper and lower controls arms and a Eibach swaybars

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
Not that bad!! Not that bad at all... It is stiffer that stock, but with the D-Spec's, you can adjust them 16 ways, 8 ways FIRM and 8 ways SOFT.... It is really nice

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
It was a big difference...

Before
newwhip038gw5.jpg

After
newstuff003ov9.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
if you want the best go griggs.:rockon:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=64Y1xpTYXUU"]YouTube - Griggs Racing GR40TT 2007 Virginia City Hill Climb[/ame]

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Is there a video like that with the Eibach Sportlines?

eibachs are just springs. the griggs is a completely reengineered suspension system, that puts the chasis in the correct geometry. all corners are on koni adjustable coilovers(they can lower the car without losing suspension travel). the rear in these pics has thier watts link. the front is a full front cradle(k member) and short long arm suspension set up.

Griggs rear suspension
GT500Blue%2033%20800.jpg

GT500Blue%2030%20800.jpg

Griggs SLA front suspension

GT500Blue%2043%20800.jpg

GT500Blue%2045%20800.jpg

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Goooood lord, that is gorgeous. I'm sure it handles like no one's business. :beer:

yes it does! its not cheap though. for a complete set up like that expect to pay 10k+. however you can buy pieces, or sections of thier suspension systems seperately. full pricing is on thier website. another vid? one passing a c6 z at laguna seca? i should point out the mustang in these vids started out as a stock mustang gt, they added a blower(about 550 crank hp) and thier suspension system and can purchase the mustang turn key like the roush or saleen mustangs.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=WPC899mdkF8"]YouTube - Griggs GR40TT vs. C6 Z06 Corvette[/ame]

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
Griggs has now released a new kit, that contains all the rear suspension and a Coil-Over Strut front setup (no k-member or billet spindles).

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
THAT is VERY NICE!!!! But your common mustang owner, will not spend that much money on suspension parts, they just want to lower it and make it handle alittle bit better....

BUT your set up is JUST SICK!!!!!!!!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
you really cant just lower a car and make it handle better. what you are doing is taking away wheel travel and messing up the stock geometry which ford spent many hours and dollars on. no its not a performance set up but it is much better than no geometry. to me this is a loss loss!:poke:

if you do go this route buy a few qaulity parts and take them to a race car tuner. let them set up the geometry the best way the parts will allow. then have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread