S197 Steeda Ultra-Lites on a '99 Cobra

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Nevermind, sold the wheels this morning

I have a wheel question that I thought y'all would be able to give me some advice on.

I came across a good deal on a set of basically new Steeda Ultra-Lite wheels, 18x9.5 - problem is, they have a 45mm offset for an S197 and I drive a '99 Cobra. The Ultra-Lites made by Steeda for 94-04's come with a 28mm offset. I currently have the wheels up for sale locally (might be able to make a little $$ on them), but I am considering (if they don't sell for a reasonable price) keeping them and trying to figure out to how safely make them work on my car.

For the front, I was looking at putting on longer wheel studs and running either a 3/4" or 1/2" hubcentric spacer (3/4" would give me ~26 offset, 1/2" would give me ~32 offset). For the rear, I was looking at a 25mm hubcentric spacer, just to get them out a bit more.

Just wanted to get some advice. Obviously if the wheels sell it's a non-issue, but the gears in my head were turning last night and if push comes to shove I'd like to safely make them work if it comes to that. I think I'm a bit more concerned about the spacers on the front hubs, as 99% of the info I've read on spacers deals primarily with the rear.

Anyone else done something similar in the past, putting S197 wheels on an SN95 or New Edge?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread