S1000R Bike Wrap Done

NinjaBum

Established Member
3M gloss lemon sting.

It's a pretty neat color. In shaded areas it almost looks lime green. Hard do capture how it looks in the sun but it is very sparkly. It looks like paint.

21490086042_0547f19e25_b.jpg

21313359778_bec2ee3953_b.jpg

21313373888_8c10c4337e_b.jpg

21490113272_cef59f490a_b.jpg

21474966356_92898842a2_b.jpg

21315379978_b5e42c853b_b.jpg

21503210575_91489aa9b5_b.jpg

mystickb1996

Established Member
Looks great, I can't believe how far these wraps have come, looks like paint. Crazy how smooth they can be applied. Btw that Amg is nice!

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Looks sweet! I have always loved the BMW bikes, just don't understand why the different lights...

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
That looks great! What does a good wrap cost compared to paint? Also, how does it hold up to rain, washing, etc, and do you wax it or what?

VaporGT

-
Established Member
Looks good. Seriously doesn't look like a wrap at all.

Have you ridden the 1000RR as well? If so, how would you compare them? Been looking at them both recently.

NinjaBum

Established Member
Looks sweet! I have always loved the BMW bikes, just don't understand why the different lights...

It's their thing haha. I kind of like them tbh. If they went with identical headlights they would look like every other bike out there. I think the front looks like the terminator haha.

NEMaK3MXDD14PU_1_2.jpg

That looks great! What does a good wrap cost compared to paint? Also, how does it hold up to rain, washing, etc, and do you wax it or what?

So on this bike because of all of its aggressive angles probably around 500-550 bucks. If done right it looks as good as paint. This vinyl even has a clear coat applied over it after the fact so it looks really good.
For something like a Speed Triple or Harley Sportster level of parts to wrap you would be looking at less and for a fully faired bike maybe more depending on the angles.
Not a bad cost all in all. Yeah for a legitimately good paint shop to respray this in paint it would have been $1500 or so, so not THAT much more for a long term thing, BUT if my tank gets scuffed and whatnot, I can remove that piece (if you look you can see we did two pieces on the tank) and replace it with a new one.
I am going to change the color annually. Looking at purple metallic next spring.
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...chart.pdf?fn=GRPH-15-1317_Chart_P3-3_LR_Clean
I like the newer 1080 vinyl line from 3m. Their metallic flake used to look horrible like a child threw glitter on it, but as you can see with this lemon sting which is one of their newer colors, it looks almost identical to paint unless you look closely for seams and whatnot.

Vinyl has come a long way.

You can probably wax it if you want to. Like I mentioned, this is coated in a semi-permanent clear layer called CQuartz so I don't have to wax. Vinyl if left exposed to the sun for years will get damaged, but I am talking about several years unless you live in Arizona or New Mexico where I would probably replace it in a couple of years if you park your vehicle outside 100% of the time.

Looks good. Seriously doesn't look like a wrap at all.

Have you ridden the 1000RR as well? If so, how would you compare them? Been looking at them both recently.

I have not ridden the RR. I should take care of that in a couple of weeks. Sitting on them I like the R's ergos better than the RR. I am interested in trying the Quickshifter Pro on the RR that allows clutchless downshifting with rev matching. The quickshifter on the R just has upshifting. Still super fun though. I am now used to it so when I ride bikes with no quickshifter I almost always have a moment where I try to just kick up without the clutch and nothing happens haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread