S1 Sequential Shifter

BlownPony306

Established Member
Anyone try one yet? What are your thoughts other than it being expensive? I did some searching and didn't run across any posts on it.

PM-Performance

Established Member
you probably will not find anyone that has done one.
I looked at this briefly before and seems like it would be cool and another way to fix the lockout issues, but it will come with its downfalls as well. I would deff add a gear selector display if I were to consider it.
I saw some videos of it installed on other vehicles over in Australia and looked wild, but it is a hard sell for most.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Cousin had one on his Fox body with a T56. It basically turns the gear box into a Motorcycle gearbox like u see on the T-Rex which did result in a quicker shift for sure but mostly it stopped him from missing gears during WOT.

More like a gimmick to me tho. Changing the gear shift pattern hardly makes it a sequential trans but he seemed to like it but it does require u to use ur clutch for every shift tho unlike a sequential trans.

Im pretty sure the kit comes with a gear indicator. He had a little round one up on the dash. This was a few years ago cant remember if he bought that separately tho.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Cousin had one on his Fox body with a T56. It basically turns the gear box into a Motorcycle gearbox like u see on the T-Rex which did result in a quicker shift for sure but mostly it stopped him from missing gears during WOT.

More like a gimmick to me tho. Changing the gear shift pattern hardly makes it a sequential trans but he seemed to like it but it does require u to use ur clutch for every shift tho unlike a sequential trans.

Im pretty sure the kit comes with a gear indicator. He had a little round one up on the dash. This was a few years ago cant remember if he bought that separately tho.
Agreed on everything you said. The only real bonus to me is mitigating most of the probability of a missed gear with the pattern change. Otherwise yea kinda gimicky and I think will probably come with its own aggrivation points when driving.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Someone had one installed in the Terminator section. I remember it took awhile to get installed since a couple extra parts had to be shipped from Australia. I don't know if he ever posted his thoughts on it once finished.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Someone had one installed in the Terminator section. I remember it took awhile to get installed since a couple extra parts had to be shipped from Australia. I don't know if he ever posted his thoughts on it once finished.

Yeah, what happened to that thread? I was all in to see what happened and took so long I forgot about it. Even with a TKO Mag 2-3 still gets me at times. Surprised my deck works the number of times I've punched it.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Kinetik Motorsport installed one in Jake Rowden’s Texas Mile car.

Kinetik Motorsport on Facebook Watch

Is there a version that I don't get AIDs from? Not a Facebook fan and couldn't find the relevant video.

My only worry is no way to jump to neutral. For a street car kind of annoying having to downshift back through all the gears. A lot of extra wear. If I'm in 6th coming to a stop rather just hit 3rd or 4th and coast till I just put it in neutral and come to a stop.

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Established Member
My only worry is no way to jump to neutral. For a street car kind of annoying having to downshift back through all the gears. A lot of extra wear. If I'm in 6th coming to a stop rather just hit 3rd or 4th and coast till I just put it in neutral and come to a stop.
That honestly was one of my main reasons for not pursuing it. Sure you would probably get used to it, but I dunno. I think it would drive me nuts

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Does the S1 allow the shifter to be put in neutral, like at a stop light? or does it require the clutch to be depressed?

R

BlownPony306

Established Member
Yeah the elimination of any missed shifts was the biggest reason I was considering this. Since it doesn't truly turn your trans in to a sequential trans wouldn't it be possible to hit neutral in between the shift? May take some playing with but seems like it should be possible. Obviously you'd have to shift back thru the gear to get to first.

ante

Established Member
I have been looking into it as well, Technically You can go into neutral in any gear, 1/2 push or 1/2 pull BUT when you come to a stop then you would need to bang down to first. Still a bitch but you can coast in.

Is there a version that I don't get AIDs from? Not a Facebook fan and couldn't find the relevant video.

My only worry is no way to jump to neutral. For a street car kind of annoying having to downshift back through all the gears. A lot of extra wear. If I'm in 6th coming to a stop rather just hit 3rd or 4th and coast till I just put it in neutral and come to a stop.[/QUOTE

azc0bra

Established Member
For the $2k you’ve got to spend on that “sequential” shifter, your half way to a 6r80 swap which will be faster and more reliable. Sell your old 6 spd. goodies and trans and you’ll be even closer.

Users who are viewing this thread