S-Trim to SI-TRIM

harvboi05

Established Member
i run that same intercooler with a 3" core with almost no pressure drop.

what did you end up doing with your BOV?

tropicmustang

Established Member
I haven't sent it in but tomorrow im gunna order a new rebuild so i can see if its leaking. the last time i pressurized it sealed and wasn't leaking so i though it was ok. How much boost are u seeing. I have a 3.125 pulley on my si trim.

Last edited:

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
I'd say something is wrong. I see 17psi at 7k with a 3.12 pulley, IW 10% overdrive lower, Si Trim, all through a treadstone TR10.

tropicmustang

Established Member
Ok guys im slowly figuring some stuff out. I have my vacum line for my bypass and boost gauge tapped into the little red line in front of the tb. just to see what the vacum was at the bypass end, i unplugged the line and checked it and the vacum was only 5lbs. That dosent sound right. So i went ahead and disconnected the boost gauge and capped that. After i did that i went and re checked the bypass and now i am seeing 15lbs of vacum. I think the line couldnt supply enough vacum or pressure to both at the same time and may have been causing the bypass to leak causing my low boost. Possibly my bypass was not sealing up all the way when i was driving. Now im trying to figure out where to tap into for my boost gauge so that I can see if that actaully made a difference. Pictures or anything would be appreciated or let me know if you think i should tap into different lines for the bypass and boost gauge.

Thanks,
Sean

THAITED

Established Member
Ok guys im slowly figuring some stuff out. I have my vacum line for my bypass and boost gauge tapped into the little red line in front of the tb. just to see what the vacum was at the bypass end, i unplugged the line and checked it and the vacum was only 5lbs. That dosent sound right. So i went ahead and disconnected the boost gauge and capped that. After i did that i went and re checked the bypass and now i am seeing 15lbs of vacum. I think the line couldnt supply enough vacum or pressure to both at the same time and may have been causing the bypass to leak causing my low boost. Possibly my bypass was not sealing up all the way when i was driving. Now im trying to figure out where to tap into for my boost gauge so that I can see if that actaully made a difference. Pictures or anything would be appreciated or let me know if you think i should tap into different lines for the bypass and boost gauge.

Thanks,
Sean

I think I tapped mine in the vacuum line on the back of the elbow according to the Paxton instruction. My boost gauge was tapped in to the Fuel pressor sensor vacuum line.

tropicmustang

Established Member
Ok pretty sure i got that situated. Im still only seeing 9 psi. I think its my inter cooler now but people are saying they aren't losing any psi with the same one that i got. Im just so confused right now as to why the boost is so low.

THAITED

Established Member
Ok pretty sure i got that situated. Im still only seeing 9 psi. I think its my inter cooler now but people are saying they aren't losing any psi with the same one that i got. Im just so confused right now as to why the boost is so low.

Mine is less than 2 psi lost.

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
I'd say its your cooler. Many people have had issues with the ebay cooler thus why I ended up going with the Treadstone brand. I think the ebay coolers can be hit or miss such as Furinox's issue a while back where he couldn't seem to get anything through his cooler until switching to a treadstone. In terms of where you are tapping into vacuum any place should work really. I am tapping into the fuel pressure sensor line in 2 different areas for my gauge and bov and have zero issues thus far releasing 15lbs the moment I let out.

tropicmustang

Established Member
ok well im just going to do one more leak down test tomorrow and if its all good im just going to order a new inter cooler. its like my last resort or get another bypass and test that but the bypass should be ok.

THAITED

Established Member
Hey Sean, have you try a low tech stuffs yet. Soapy water spray on every joint and pipe connection.

tropicmustang

Established Member
Ok,

no leaks to be found at all. I had the system at 25 psi. Had a small slight leak on the coupler on the blower housing but its fixed and nothing is blowing off. I really think it's the intercooler even though people are saying there's are fine. I need to find an intercooler now and hopefully that will fix the problem. i want something that will mount up in the same place but i don't want another cx racing intercooler. Any sugestion's ?

THAITED

Established Member
Ok,

no leaks to be found at all. I had the system at 25 psi. Had a small slight leak on the coupler on the blower housing but its fixed and nothing is blowing off. I really think it's the intercooler even though people are saying there's are fine. I need to find an intercooler now and hopefully that will fix the problem. i want something that will mount up in the same place but i don't want another cx racing intercooler. Any sugestion's ?

Did you check the gauge? If your car pulls really hard may be the gauge is defective.

tropicmustang

Established Member
Im pretty sure its good. I will try another hopefully tomorrow but i think the gauge is fine. i really think it's the cooler.

tropicmustang

Established Member
i have the smallest belt i could fit on it. its a gates 106 1/8 belt. I had a smaller one before but the tensioner was maxed out and the belt was rubbing on the back side of it causing the belt to come apart. i dont see any dust on the back side of the blower or bracket.

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
I have a CX racing intercooler kit and a tired old V1 from the jurassic era. It made 9.1 lbs of boost with a 3.33 pulley and stock crank pulley. My guess is boost pre intercooler should be about 11-11.5 so Im losing around 2psi peak. IATs were awesome so it was working for sure, but I wasnt expecting not to lose any boost with all that plumbing.

Just food for thought.

JTR

tropicmustang

Established Member
just from looking at your sig though, you have cams and with cams you boost is going to drop a little. I also have one pulley smaller then you a 3.125 and the si trim impeller which is a lot more efficient then a v-1. people with same setup are hitting 12-14 psi without a problem. just miffed.

Users who are viewing this thread