?'s for those with a 3.4 Whipple and 20+lbs of boost

SeankySnake

Established Member
What kind of power are you guys making with 20+lbs of boost? Have any of you data logged the AIT's upstream and down stream? If so what are yalls findings? I'm researching and debating on weather to get a 3.4 or TT set up. Any info would be greatly appreciated on this.

Thanks!:beer:

rtusnake

Established Member
I haven't logged my iats yet but I don't believe its causing a timing issue. I ran a 9.73@142 at the track @27lbs. I plan on going turbo soon hopefully. Just looking for more power

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
20.5 psi, dyno numbers in sig (725/669 Uncorrected, 712/65x STD)

My IAT2s stay in the 116-122 range typically on a pull. Pump gas only so far. I'd go TTs if you have an auto or want all out power numbers. Blower for street car that's driven often and you're just looking to have fun.

My car is a zero maintenance daily driver (Although I don't drive it daily anymore) that runs 10s on pump gas driving it to the track.

SeankySnake

Established Member
Thanks for all of the hlelpful info with the replies. I forgot to ask in my first post, what if any cooling mods/upgrades are you guys running, HE, IC, IC tank, head coolong mods etc. Once again Thanks for the replies.

357cstang

Established Member
Thanks for all of the hlelpful info with the replies. I forgot to ask in my first post, what if any cooling mods/upgrades are you guys running, HE, IC, IC tank, head coolong mods etc. Once again Thanks for the replies.

Even flow head cooling mod, some upgraded HE that was on the car from HBH, stock intercooler, stock IC tank.

Stupercharged

Established Member
are you running 91 or 93 octane pump? id love a 3.4 if i could run on 91 pump we have here. what is your timing set at also?

ITS STOCK

Established Member

My IAT2s stay in the 116-122 range typically on a pull. Pump gas only so far. I'd go TTs if you have an auto or want all out power numbers. Blower for street car that's driven often and you're just looking to have fun.

My car is a zero maintenance daily driver (Although I don't drive it daily anymore) that runs 10s on pump gas driving it to the track.

what all do you have to get th 712?

that is impressive for pump gas:beer:

357cstang

Established Member
what all do you have to get th 712?

that is impressive for pump gas:beer:

Well here's my build list:

• 712 HP/ 656 TQ STD Corrected, 690/636 SAE Corrected on 93 Octane Pump Gas
• 3.4L Whipple Gen II with modified Stock Inlet
o Stock Lower pulley with Cage for crank support
o 3.8” Reichard Racing upper pulley for pump gas
• Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body
• JLT RAI- S&B 12” Filter
• JLT 110MM MAF Housing with GT500 Sensor and Diablosport MAFia adapter
• Billetflow Idler Pulleys
• HBH Heat Exchanger
• American Racing Headers Stainless Long Tubes and Matching 3” X-pipe
• Spin-Tech Catback exhaust
o Tuned by Jon Lund of Lund Racing
• Built 284 CID Short Block
o ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
o ARP Main Studs
o Custom Ross Pistons for High Boost (Have build specs available)
o Even Flow Head Cooling Mod

• Complete Return Style Fuel System
o Fore Top Hat
o Twin Walbro GSS342 Pumps
o Magnafuel inline fuel filter
o Fore Fuel Rails (Black)
o 75lb RC Injectors
o Aeromotive Boost Referenced Regulator

That's the run down. Just a basic build with a good bottom end and a tune that is on point. I'm running more boost than is recommended for pump gas, but I haven't had a problem yet and I've been full boost with one bad fuel pump. A/F went 16-17:1 and the car held together.

Thanks!

357cstang

Established Member
are you running 91 or 93 octane pump? id love a 3.4 if i could run on 91 pump we have here. what is your timing set at also?

I run 93 octane. There's no way I would risk it with 91. I shouldn't even run the timing I do with 93.

SeankySnake

Established Member

As far as the cooloant mix that you run in the IC and HE systems goes, are you running the factory reccommend mix or a different blend or any different additives? Those IAT2 #'s look pretty good.

357cstang

Established Member
i made 800hp in mine on pump gas car is running very smooth, we then sprayed it with a 150 shot car made 1000tq @ 3200rpm

I'd like more info on that build please. What fuel are you running with the 150 shot? That's something I'm considering instead of upping the boost much further.

357cstang

Established Member
As far as the cooloant mix that you run in the IC and HE systems goes, are you running the factory reccommend mix or a different blend or any different additives? Those IAT2 #'s look pretty good.

I'm running distilled water. In the winter time I'll add some antifreeze but during the summer I run water only.

SeankySnake

Established Member
Have any of you guys ran into any problems with heat created by the Whipple? How much more heat is generated by the 3.4 Whipple in comparison to the Eaton pullied for 16-18lbs of boost? I'm trying to get an idea of how much heat increase there will be. Thanks again for all of the helpful info and data.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Have any of you guys ran into any problems with heat created by the Whipple? How much more heat is generated by the 3.4 Whipple in comparison to the Eaton pullied for 16-18lbs of boost? I'm trying to get an idea of how much heat increase there will be. Thanks again for all of the helpful info and data.

It should be less heat than the Eaton.

SeankySnake

Established Member
It should be less heat than the Eaton.

That's what I was thinking, I deff know the the Whipple/KB's are alot more effeicient, I was wondering buy how much the IAT's drop incomparison to a TS setup, some say that TS make the same amount of heat but I can't see that due to the rotors moving a larger volume of air. But I also know where there comes a point as to where the more boost you run the more heat is created by compressing it.

rtusnake

Established Member
To get the most out of a twinscrew you need to turn them up which makes more heat. Twinscrews make more heat than the eatons imo. I've had three twinscrews so far and they all get hot

Users who are viewing this thread