S/C Saleen & 69 SS go down last night

Adam B

200mph
Established Member
Easiest kill first
I rolled up behind a 99up Saleen tonight. It was a S-281 w/ Supercharger and it had Borla exhaust. Very sharp car. I roll up beside him holding it in 2nd gear around 5000rpm. He guns it and I follow..I jump him about a car in less than a second and let off. I made my point...He waved and turned off...

Next was the father and son battle. My dad has a 69 SS with a 406 with Bordix heads and other goodies...pulls pretty stong NA..but runs crazy on the 200shot of juice. :eek:

Anyways..His bottle pressure was around 300psi so he didn't even bother trying to spray it. Anyways..We're rolling in first gear and I blow the horn 3 times and were off. I jump him about a half a fender length and hold him off till around 110mph and we shut em down. He's gonna put the ET Streets on tomorrow and try to find traction in first and second but I don't think hes gonna be able to pull me till he sprays it..

Still can't wait to run into a 03 Cobra..Should be fun..

Just thought I would share..:D

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Im curiuos to know what mods you have on your Z06? Those cars
are fast!!!!Black03

OCMike

Established Member
San Fransisko, Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Nice Kill!

I ran a similar Saleen a couple weeks ago and it wasn't much of a fight. The owner was kewl and pulled over so we could swap info on each others blowers. (I even directed him to this forum) I will say this...those Saleens are frickin' LOUD!

StangD281

Established Member
Going to guess it was the Z....not knowing your mods or anything.

Those Saleens are pretty lookin' & pretty loud! I believe Saleen uses the Borla catback as part of their performance package; I think there is an X-pipe on there as well. They are typically very high 12's to low 13 cars.

Adam B - You have a nice looking garage (even if it is a GM haven ;-) ). Nice runs!

Adam B

200mph
Established Member
Thanks guys...

I was in the Z06 and it is bone stock.

I hated one of my first posts to be a kill on a Ford, but I'm hoping to buy a 03 Cobra around May in the comming year. :D

blackfang

Established Member
Good Kill and congrats and hope you get your Snake.
On another note, it looks like Dan got rid of the yellow GT.

Turbo99GT

Established Member
Nice kills! The ZO6 is a no nonsense type vehicle. I have seen several at the track and not one ran slower than 12.30s @ 114-117 mph. Last time at the track, with just ET Streets, a guy was running 11.65-11.70s @ 117 mph with an 02. They are absolutely awesome cars and I hope to buy one in a year or 2.

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by Adam B
Thanks guys...

I was in the Z06 and it is bone stock.

I hated one of my first posts to be a kill on a Ford, but I'm hoping to buy a 03 Cobra around May in the comming year. :D

Adam,

If you really want a challenge for your GM stable bring which ever over to Jackson, SC on March 1st for the SCMC vs GA-Fbody shoot out we have twice a year. Check out this link for full info.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com

Hope you join us....WE LOVE GM's to feed the Snakes! :p ;-) ;-) :D

Users who are viewing this thread