S/C on a StockBlock

VortechStang03

Established Member
I got a vortech SQ s/c(of course injectors, MAF, etc..), with exhaust and gear. Everything else on the car is stock! I heard stock motor will hold til about 450 hp!! Mine runs great!! :beer:

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Yes. I ran 9 PSI with a KB 1.7L for two years with no problems. Car put down 428rwhp/433rwtq the last time on the dyno.

Btown03GT

Banned
8 psi...your good...9 psi....get an intercooler...10 psi...try to controll yourself..12psi and up on a kennebell?....make sure you dont run your car when birds are flying above you because then your gonna kill a poor little bird with one of your pistons and then your gonna have PETA on your ass and who wants that?

jroush98

I BLEED FORD BLUE
Established Member
Btown03GT said:
8 psi...your good...9 psi....get an intercooler...10 psi...try to controll yourself..12psi and up on a kennebell?....make sure you dont run your car when birds are flying above you because then your gonna kill a poor little bird with one of your pistons and then your gonna have PETA on your ass and who wants that?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Im about to put a 3.12 pulley on mine with i/c. Stock is 3.60. I dont know how much boost it is but all I know is that GTs with 3.12 pulley make a little over 400whp and thats what im aiming for.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
stock motor and 8lbs should be fine...how many miles on the motor? I would do a compression check on it before the install, that way you know where you stand...theoretically though, 8lbs non-intercooled you'll be fine

Users who are viewing this thread