S/C making noise?

bolinger06

Established Member
I have a v1 s-trim supercharger that has around 5,000 miles on it and it seems that there is some grinding or churning noise coming from it. It still has it's normal whistle and everything. It started about 3 weeks ago so it's just not something i'm not used to yet. I haven't drove the car for 2 weeks. I found a missing header bolt, and theres some other ticking that sounds like its coming from the tranny. Just have sorta got sick of it and am now ready to fix some stuff. Anyone have any idea on why it's making that noise, i know i'm not giving you much to work with, just throwing it out there. The tensioner pulley was changed right before i purchased it so i dont think thats it and it sounds like its coming from the blower itself. Is there any quick tips to do instead of removing it. Thanks for your time, Brady

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
if its actually coming from the head unit, theres only 2 places it will come from. Thats the 2 gears inside which is unlikely, and the bearings. Make sure the feed nozzle isnt blocked by anything. Could just be dry bearings. Only other thing would be worn out bearings.....

Users who are viewing this thread