S/C Lightning Vs 96 Cobra Commander

96Cobracomander

Established Member
well went out this morning will my buddy and his new 13' WRX (awesome machine!) On our way back a gorgeous SVT lightning pulled up next to me and goosed the throttle

for some reason i didn't think to slow down so we can do the pull from my 2nd gear instead we did the pull from the meat of my 3rd gear lol

3 honks and damn did his blower SCREAM he pulled on me slightly an by the end of the race his rear bumper was right at about my front bumper although i def stopped his pull and started to slowly creep back on him towards the very end of the race....doubting he was pullied or anything but def had an exhaust system i think...

my car is BBK CAI o/r H pipe flow master catback and 4.10s

How do yall think i fair'd in that race?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I seem to have the same problem with speeds, very easy to get caught in lower RPMs. Sounds like you did well... Good run!

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
With 4.10's, your car shouldn't be that bad in 3rd, plus the DOHC's pull better in the top of the rpms and with gears, you get to your power band quicker.
He could have been pullied. i know stock, you could hear my SC whine if you were driving right beside it. Stock they usually run from mid 13's to high 13's. But L's are better at the low end and would have probably walked away from you off the line. Couple of mods and they are high 12's or low 13's, port your eaton and mid 12's with a 2.0 60' is easy to do. i think your Cobra did pretty good though.

Last edited:

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
The stock pulleys make a nice scream from the lightning. A pulley would be really loud. And if its pulled like mine it makes your ears bleed. Good race. And don't line up next to one at a light. These trucks do great down low and lose their pull on the top end unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread