S/C install Air Pump Question

myrsvt

Established Member
What are you guys doing with the Air Pump? It sure is in the way of all the plumbing I need to do for the for the SC inlet and IC. Should I relocate it or can I just get rid of it??? Any complications? :??:

crazycarlo

Established Member
you can relocate it or you can get rid of it. I got rid of all my EGR and SAI stuff when I pulled my motor last time. Then your tuner can turn them off in the tune.

myrsvt

Established Member
OK. I like the idea of removing it altogether. The car had an off/road x pipe when I got it so I guess the downstream o2s are already turned off cause I have no lights or codes now.

MLS

Established Member
Ive got to keep mine for smog. Luckily it looks like I can make it all fit.

White_96Cobra

Established Member
I'm running the same set up. "V-1 with IC set up". I'm going to be using the Sniper Software to tune the car. It shouldn't make any difference as long as you have deleted the rear 02s deleted.

I did check the software and there was no specific function to shut it off. Will this be a problem?

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I originally had the smog pump when I run my 3" piping for the IC. Its tight, but it can be done. Then the tuner turned it off on the dyno and I have since removed it. At least I know it could go back in if for some dumb reason I need it.

Last edited:

myrsvt

Established Member
Thanks for the input guys!
I'm doing my install in stages (already did in-tank 255) and went ahead and mounted IC and mocked up the outlet plumbing just to see what I'll need for the final install. I'm still driving the car to work. Anyway, I went ahead and took out the pump and drove to work today with no problems. Not even a check engine (yet). Looks like it was just dead weight, especially with no cats! I say good riddance!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread