S/c Finally On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cobra196

svt poster
Established Member
i finally got my vortech w/ after cooler on and tuned. COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WITH OUT MCALIGIURI who helped me install it. big thanx to u once again. she sees about 9 psi kinda scared of blowing her up but on safe tune makes 419 rwhp 364 tq :rolling: . forgot the dyno graph at the shop but will post it up.

Last edited:

cobra196

svt poster
Established Member
imrc's are deleted. im deleting erg and sai in a few days they tuned it for that. thanx:thumbsup:

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Ain't it a hoot!
Just make sure that you have the steering wheel straight when you get on it until you get familiar with the new-found power(especially in 1st or 2nd gears) or blowing it up will quickly become the least of your worries!
What with how quick the revs come up, you may want to install a shiftlight to help keep you off of the rev limiter!

jzepp

Established Member
I have a question.......can you add a supercharger and still be a daily driver and be relatively safe without worrying about blowing the engine? I mean can they be reliable?

Just wondering.......like with the 03 or 04 cobras......do a lot of people drive them daily and do they have a lot of problems.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
jzepp said:
I have a question.......can you add a supercharger and still be a daily driver and be relatively safe without worrying about blowing the engine? I mean can they be reliable?

Just wondering.......like with the 03 or 04 cobras......do a lot of people drive them daily and do they have a lot of problems.

Where have you been bud? There are people that daily drive their 800-1000whp turbo cars. Its all in the tune.

Ciotti

See-ahh-tee
Established Member
fiveo'cobra said:
Where have you been bud? There are people that daily drive their 800-1000whp turbo cars. Its all in the tune.

On the flip side of that, I talked to a Terminator owner at the track last night that has a 2.6L KB and well over 600 horses that daily drives it and he flat out admitted that it is a lot less driveable now and he wishes he had never taken the Eaton off.

jzepp

Established Member
yeah.....but i thought turbos were more reliable than superchargers. That is what i meant, Ciotti.......for the people that are putting kenny belle or any aftermarket supercharger in........can they still be reliable or are they more prone to breaking down alot?

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
jzepp said:

I had a few threads about this a while back. I don't know much but here's their opinions. Every one pretty much said you shouldn't do it. If anything breaks you can't just go to the autoparts store and throw it on. Gotta order stuff. They said that running a centrifigal as a DD doing a lot of miles are known to throw belts a lot. My brother DD's his '03 with about 460hp. He doesn't get anymore problems than my car does.

But, I'm gonna go for it. I figure if I ever get the eaton on my car I can't see too many problems more than an 03-04 once everything is built. As long as the car can actually take the power and isn't on the edge and you have a good tune, I don't really see why not. If a thrown belt is a common problem then I'll keep an extra one. That problems solved. Just remember the whole time you are driving 80 on the freeway, the supercharger is spinning constatnly. I can understand how parts could get worn out when you drive a lot.

Hope that helps some :beer:

Blown Venom

Custom Title Goes Here
Established Member
I drive mine everday and any problems I have had had been ones I caused or completely unrelated to the blower

SNAKEYE

Established Member
At 53K+ miles (not a daily driver, but a cruiser) over ten years the only blower-related problem I've had was with the blower itself: needed a rebuild at 28K miles. 6 psi and no intercooler is enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread