S/C cooling mods

Hourigan218

Established Member
Just curious if anyone here has done the venom cooler from steigmeier along with the porting and gearing I believe called the snake bite? Im really interested in the cooling due to the temps we get down here in south texas and any other benefits or any harm it might cause to the s/c. I plan on doing vans 13-6 kit along with upper pulley and headers.

carguy19

Established Member
The new TVS blowers are much more efficient then the old Eaton blowers from the Terminator cars. They don't make as much heat.

Also the blowers can be ported, but its not as necessary as they are much better out of the box as the older ones.

As far as the snake bite over/under driving. With our cars there isnt much problem with belt slip and the boost levels that are usually targeted with a 13-14 car are easily achievable with a lower or upper and tensioner. I dont think there is a huge need for it. Thats my opinion tho.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Some have done it but I wouldn't say it's very popular with the forum. You will be modding the supercharger in a way that can't be reversed which will make it harder to sell later or return to stock if you decide. A better idea would be a heat exchanger with 3x Reservoir to keep things cool.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Some have done it but I wouldn't say it's very popular with the forum. You will be modding the supercharger in a way that can't be reversed which will make it harder to sell later or return to stock if you decide. A better idea would be a heat exchanger with 3x Reservoir to keep things cool.
1+++

Manuel

Hourigan218

Established Member
Thanks guys for the info. I guess ill just do the 13-6 with the other mods plus some larger coolant tanks and if needed the go to the larger heat exchanger.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Thanks guys for the info. I guess ill just do the 13-6 with the other mods plus some larger coolant tanks and if needed the go to the larger heat exchanger.

I have the same use here in Miami because of the heat (GO HEAT ;-)) and the Racing HE that I bought from Van really helps.

Regards,

Manuel

Users who are viewing this thread