S/C C6 vs '13 5.0 vs '13 GT500

Sick03Vert

Banned
The following events occurred in Mexico somewhere. Posting this one up on my brother's behalf as he doesn't post here anymore:

My bro never gets to drive his Corvette much because he works all the time. So yesterday afternoon we decided to take it out for a little drive down the Mexican freeway. His car is a 2007 C6 convertible with a Lingenfelter upgrade package and MP-112 Supercharger, long tubes, B&B exhaust, and a few other goodies.

While we were out driving around, we came across a 2013 GT500. Beautiful Kona Blue with white racing stripes. Wasn't sure what the mods where at the time, but it sounded absolutely awesome. He was cruising the freeway at around 70 mph or so. We got up along side of him...mainly just to hear it as we both really like the GT500's. The guy looked over, so I gave him a thumbs up from the passenger seat and got one in return. Then I hear him downshift and start to slowdown. I looked at my brother and he was like, "I think he wants to run. Cool!"

So we slow down to around 40....this is an empty highway with nothing but cacti and closed up taco stands on both sides. Right as we are about to honk off, out of nowhere...and I swear, I mean I just looked over and there it was...a '13 GT showed up. Candy Red Metallic coupe, which looked good. Plasti-dipped 5.0 emblems, rims, and rear decklid logo which looked like shit. He starts to go by, and it was like he saw what was fixing to happen and wanted in. I have no clue what the modifications were. I do know it was a stick, and it had AT LEAST exhaust and fat tires on the rear.

The Vette and the Shelby wait for the GT to line up for a three wide run. I should add that the top is down on the Corvette, so it's not at it's most aerodynamic, and it is also an automatic. Our car was the only one with a passenger as well. All cars had their windows down. Just some info for the super picky out there. :-D

At any rate, the guy in the GT decides to honk it off. My brother, like myself, has plenty of experience roll racing so on the third honk, he nailed it. However, the hit was thieved by the Shelby...he didn't leave early, he just left DEAD ON the third honk. Immediately, the Shelby was pulling hard and I was enjoying the sound...just being honest. The Vette jumped out a quick car on the 5.0 and never stopped pulling. We let out at around 130 or so, with a good 4-5 cars on the GT and the Shelby having the Corvette by probably 3-4 cars. It was clear exactly where everyone stood, so a second run wasn't necessary. We all got a flyby from the GT, who was still in it after the Shelby and the Corvette had exited the freeway. I have a theory on 5.0's: I think the throttle doesn't drop below 50% WOT.

At any rate, we did get a few minutes to chat with the owner of the Shelby. He said he had exhaust, pulley, and tune. It was a beautiful car and the guy was super cool. He said he thought we were just another C6 with exhaust only looking to play. After checking out the Corvette's exhaust, he said it is definitely the loudest C6 he's ever heard. And it is stupid loud. Afterwards, we parted ways and that was that.

Good, clean run...nobody spun, everyone hit their shifts (where applicable), and everybody seemed to have fun. Plus, no laws were broken, nobody broke anything, and nobody got hurt. All in all, good times!

***Cliffs: C6 takes 5.0 from 40-130ish by 4-5 cars, Shelby takes C6 by 3-4 cars 40-130ish.

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
a supercharged vette should have put way more than 4-5 cars on a 5.0

it should have been with that shelby imo

lol you blast the 5.0 every chance you get dont you...i mean every chance , everythread, even if its not going that way

Sick03Vert

Banned
a supercharged vette should have put way more than 4-5 cars on a 5.0

it should have been with that shelby imo

lol you blast the 5.0 every chance you get dont you...i mean every chance , everythread, even if its not going that way

I'm sorry?

I wasn't blasting anything. In fact, I said the car looked great. For all I know, the Shelby had more in it than what was disclosed and I have no clue what was in the GT. It's not like we demanded to check under the hood and shit..it was a fun run.

Damn...and you call me a tool? Really? If someone mods their car and it looks like shit, which I assume is what you are referring to, then I'm going to say it looks like shit. I don't care if it's a Terminator or what. Also, my theory on the throttle was a sarcastic joke. I haven't been able to run a 5.0 yet in the Cobra because they like to all go 100mph through heavy traffic.

I thought I was going to get a run in with a black one this past weekend. He hauled ass onto the freeway, which I have no problem with. But the "SOSEXY" license plate got my attention. However, when I finally caught up, he didn't want to run...just wanted to fly through traffic and down the feeder at 100+. That, plus MANY other experiences I have had, made me crack a JOKE. If you can't take what is clearly a JOKE, then get some thicker skin.

I didn't have you labeled as someone who gets butthurt so easy, but your comments in SmackDown and now here have proved otherwise.:nonono:

The worst part is, my brother told me just this morning, "Don't put that on SVTP. The same shit that happens everytime is just going to happen again. 'OMG bash the 5.0' or 'OMG 5.0 was stock'. Stupid shit like that is why I don't post there anymore." I told him bullshit, it was a fun race..people would see it as that. Apparently I was wrong. Wow. :nonono:

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Mp112 will not make much more than 500rwhp on an LSX motor. Plain and simple it is just too small and builds too much heat for big numbers on big cubes. Good runs. Results seem to be as expected, not sure why the butthurt has begun.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Mp112 will not make much more than 500rwhp on an LSX motor. Plain and simple it is just too small and builds too much heat for big numbers on big cubes. Good runs. Results seem to be as expected, not sure why the butthurt has begun.

Thanks! :beer:

I don't know why either. :shrug: This story was just a story...it is what it is. I didn't mean to bash anybody's preference of vehicle, especially fellow Ford guys. Of the three, I'd most like to have the Shelby....but that's probably not a surprise. :-D

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
im not butt hurt at all....i "LOL'd"

but every thread or atleast 99% you seem to say something negative or condescending about the 5.0. I have TONS of exp with cobro douchery but i dropped the negativity about them a while back. And yeah you have made some tool comments, dont act like you havent. We ALL have...but you keep grinding at something it gets old

As far as the 5.0 goes even a full bolt on, geared, tuned 5.0 should have gotten raped by a supercharged C6.......whats the vette putting down?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

im saying the 5.0 should have got killed by way more...hows that butt hurt lol

Sick03Vert

Banned
im not butt hurt at all....i "LOL'd"

but every thread or atleast 99% you seem to say something negative or condescending about the 5.0. I have TONS of exp with cobro douchery but i dropped the negativity about them a while back. And yeah you have made some tool comments, dont act like you havent. We ALL have...but you keep grinding at something it gets old

As far as the 5.0 goes even a full bolt on, geared, tuned 5.0 should have gotten raped by a supercharged C6.......whats the vette putting down?

The "tool" comments you say I've made were all my opinion...which was in the minority, but if that makes me a "tool" in your mind then fine.

Because it isn't my car, I don't know the exact numbers on the Corvette. I've heard 510-520ish, but if you were to make me swear that was accurate I couldn't.

I'm not grinding at anything. Your accusation that I am implies you are butthurt about it. Otherwise, you wouldn't accuse me of that. And you want to talk about shit that's getting old....the same three or four people giving me shit, all the time, and then dragging out threads by replying to each other, all the time....THAT shit is getting old.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
im saying the 5.0 should have got killed by way more...hows that butt hurt lol

You are giving a Magnacharged LSx too much credit. They struggle to hit 500rwhp for 1 dyno run and won't make near that on that street when heat soak kicks in. It should have been crushed by a modded 13 GT500. If the 5.bro put a CJ Manifold on he would have ran train on them both. :poke:

I kid I kid.

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
The "tool" comments you say I've made were all my opinion...which was in the minority, but if that makes me a "tool" in your mind then fine.

Because it isn't my car, I don't know the exact numbers on the Corvette. I've heard 510-520ish, but if you were to make me swear that was accurate I couldn't.

I'm not grinding at anything. Your accusation that I am implies you are butthurt about it. Otherwise, you wouldn't accuse me of that. And you want to talk about shit that's getting old....the same three or four people giving me shit, all the time, and then dragging out threads by replying to each other, all the time....THAT shit is getting old.

well thats not me, i dont roll like that................... no butt hurt here trust me

i guess its an ls2 then? mp112 is made for the ls 2?

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good kill/death.

Kinda impressed a more than likely bolton 5.0 kept within 4 cars of a supercharged vette. That Shelby was probably a 700 HP car, you guys had no chance.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Good kill/death.

Kinda impressed a more than likely bolton 5.0 kept within 4 cars of a supercharged vette. That Shelby was probably a 700 HP car, you guys had no chance.

LOL yeah we both knew that. BUT....it's not everyday you find someone with a Shelby who will actually race it. So it was worth it.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
You are giving a Magnacharged LSx too much credit. They struggle to hit 500rwhp for 1 dyno run and won't make near that on that street when heat soak kicks in. It should have been crushed by a modded 13 GT500. If the 5.bro put a CJ Manifold on he would have ran train on them both. :poke:

I kid I kid.

i think i did...its made for ls2 specifically right? (mp112) Im thinking ls3 ....but even from a roll and the weight diff i figured more of a slaughter than 4 cars

Sick03Vert

Banned
Is your brother the guy that posted about collecting welfare while driving a modded c6? If so, wahahahhahahah!!!
:lol:

Hi troll.

Nope, that's not what he posted about. But, as usual, you and your band of misfits turned what he posted into some bullshit. Very similar as to what you guys do when I post. That's why when I saw you posted here, I knew I was about to read something absolutely, positively retarded. You...did not disappoint.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
i think i did...its made for ls2 specifically right? (mp112) Im thinking ls3 ....but even from a roll and the weight diff i figured more of a slaughter than 4 cars

Yes sir. A cammed LS3 would beat a Maggied LS2 car.

Users who are viewing this thread