s.c./ built 00R

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Do a search in this forum. There is talk of a couple of built N/A '00R that road race.... There is also a thread or two about a Turbo '00R that a guy in Arizona had built. There is a member in Florida, I believe, that goes by 330 something(?) that has a built 5.4 DOHC that he drag races.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
drhyed said:
Has any 1 superchaged/turboed or built up a n.a. 00 R and what kind of numbers did they get?

Thanks
Jay

I believe I have one of each (1-Turbo'ed and 1-Super Charged) in my 00R magazine collection. If I remember correctly, the bugs were being worked out of each car after these mods.

Robert

Whitehorse

Gearhead
Established Member
Forced Air Technologies

There are two Turbocharged R's that I know of. Both built by a company called Forced Air technologies in Phoenix. The first one got a turbo and some mild tuning- rumor has it that he went back for more tuning and they somehow fried the PCM and haven't been able to get it running for 6 months and can't get a new PCM

Second one is here in Denver- It was at the thunder in the rockies- The owner's name is Bob- he used to be one of my customers at the last dealer I worked at. His got turbo'd, intercooled- lower compression- forged JE pistons, oversized injectors, maf and tuned. It doesn't sound like the turned up the boost too much though- I think he said they were running 6 lbs and I think he said it dyno's in the high 400's. It is an absolutely beautiful install. But it definately has the potential to be tuned up and run some serious numbers. Someone that was at thunder in the rockies might have some pics they can post.

-Sean

Users who are viewing this thread