S/C belt dust

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
:mj: :gt:

Even though the 100mm pulleys from SFPHQ have drastically reduced the s/c pulley dust I still have it.

for the most part, it doesn't just blow off with compressed air.
I have medium size unit good to 120psi 60 gallon.

Any damage from spraying it down at a car wash?
really don't want to do that, I hand detail

:-D

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
I work at Carmax and we use high pressure washers to steam clean the engines. I dont agree with our methods, but thats what they want so I do it. After pressure washing some engines, I start the cars up and they sometimes run rough and have erratic idles. I dont think engines like getting sprayed with water. I have seen some detailers blow off injectors and break wires in half! Be careful! I use a rag and some midly diluted citrus based cleaner such as simple green to get the job done. It takes time, but the effort is worth the outcome. And besides, the dust that you thought you were spraying away with a power washer will soon come back if you do not dry the motor quickly.

Blades

Established Member
Are you friggin serious? I have a 74 inch belt and a 2.8 pulley. I thought the idlers were the end of belt slippage.. Guess im gonna have to go with a 73.5 and idlers..

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
Are you friggin serious? I have a 74 inch belt and a 2.8 pulley. I thought the idlers were the end of belt slippage.. Guess im gonna have to go with a 73.5 and idlers..

I have to fix this belt dust

I just ordered the Amazon idler pulley kit with hopes it will stop.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread