???????'s about MRT SS H-pipe!

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
The ones listed on their page for $349 w/o cats and $449 w/ cats. Are the ones you guys are running? I remember they had leak/fitment issues and wondered if there was a different one for the Cobras.

Also, how much louder is the catted one over the stock H-pipe? And how much louder is their non-catted over the catted version? I had a Pro-chamber w/ 2-chambered Flowmasters on my '01 GT and it was LOUD. I want it to sound good, but not be quite as loud as that set-up. I've got MILS if the O/R pipe is better, but here in Independence they have just about one cop car for every citizen and I get "tailed" a lot. Trying not to encourage them anymore than I have to.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
I've been running the MRT SS Catted H for a couple of weeks.
It is deeper and louder than stock. The drone is a bit more pronounced at 70MPH.

How does it sound? Postban posted a link last week, from start to 5000RPM. I received several compliments yesterdat from the MCT crew, maybe one of them can pitch in and describe it. I cannot speak to the uncatted version.

All fitment issues have been fixed. You will need to consider two things if you buy: get a SS band clamp to cover the H section, and get washers or bolts to tighten the back half to the catback. There is not enough thread with the bolts they ship.

Any more ?, let me know.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by MidLifeC
You will need to consider two things if you buy: get a SS band clamp to cover the H section, and get washers or bolts to tighten the back half to the catback. There is not enough thread with the bolts they ship.

Any more ?, let me know.

Could you elaborate a little more on this? I'm assuming the band clamp you mentioned for the H-section means the pipe comes in two pieces and joins at the H. Is that correct? If not, why the clamp? I don't understand the bolt and washers part either. If I had it in front of me or could see it on the car, I'm sure I'd understand. But I didn't get that part.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
The H pipe is split at the H, its a slip fit. You dont need a clamp, I dont have one on mine and the MRT says it you decision.

The supplied cat back bolt's don't have enough threads to really crank down on the flanges. You will need a few washer on each of the 4 bolts to give you more room so you dont bottom the threads out.

I had the Magnflow catted X before I switched, I really feel the H gave me more pull from the seat of the pants aspect.

It sounds louder than the stock H w/ a catback, but is not overly loud at all.
W/ my Steeda catback, I really have no drone.
I personaly think it sounds tough as hell.

Last edited:

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
OK. I got it now. That's kinda what I was thinking he meant. Just want to make sure before I order the thing. Are any group buys going on or anything? I always seem to miss them. To early or too late. I gotta get this mod out of the way soon because I think the pulley/tune is calling my name.

Users who are viewing this thread