?s about a 1994 4v 4.6!

foureyed

Fordreamer!
Established Member
Im in the process of buying a 32valve 4.6 and its a 94 but not sure what it came out of. The guys at the junkyard wrote continental on the valve cover. I did research but i found that the continentals only came out with v6s in 94? :shrug: can anyone tell me what this may have came out of or is there any numbers on the block i can run to find out? Thanks for the help! And sorry for posting this here! It was the only place i thought it might fit in!

Merc-O-matic

Established Member
Im in the process of buying a 32valve 4.6 and its a 94 but not sure what it came out of. The guys at the junkyard wrote continental on the valve cover. I did research but i found that the continentals only came out with v6s in 94? :shrug: can anyone tell me what this may have came out of or is there any numbers on the block i can run to find out? Thanks for the help! And sorry for posting this here! It was the only place i thought it might fit in!

Yes, it is from a Lincoln Mark VIII....that engine is the "Grandfather"
of the 4.6 DOHC 32 valve Marauder/Corbra/Mach 1 engine.
Not sure....but I think it was rated at 285 ponies?

Glenn Ford

Atlanta Trilogy #1
Established Member
Teksid Block?

Your 4.6 engine may be a somewhat rare Teksid aluminum block made in Italy for Ford that was used in the Lincoln Mark VIII. The block part number is F6LZ-6010-AB was used in the '93 - '98 Marks as well as the '96 - '98 Cobras. The Teksid block is considered a desirable 4.6 HD aluminum block.

Glenn Ford

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Your 4.6 engine may be a somewhat rare Teksid aluminum block made in Italy for Ford that was used in the Lincoln Mark VIII. The block part number is F6LZ-6010-AB was used in the '93 - '98 Marks as well as the '96 - '98 Cobras. The Teksid block is considered a desirable 4.6 HD aluminum block.

Glenn Ford

Rare? Teksid's were used in 93-98 mark 8s, and 96-99 Cobras, not rare by any means, but like I staed earlier, it's probably a block that cannot beuse in a rwd car.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Rare? Teksid's were used in 93-98 mark 8s, and 96-99 Cobras, not rare by any means, but like I staed earlier, it's probably a block that cannot beuse in a rwd car.

1995 was the first year for the 4.6 in the continental

So if the motor IS in fact a 94, its from a mark 8

kylecm85

Established Member
It is from a mark viii i have a 94 and they are rwd cars. The base mark viii is rated at 280hp and the lsc is 290hp. With a little work can easily get 300 or more.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
It is from a mark viii i have a 94 and they are rwd cars. The base mark viii is rated at 280hp and the lsc is 290hp. With a little work can easily get 300 or more.

That is crankshaft hp. It's very hard to get 300rwhp from a Mark engine due the shorter duration cams, intake manifold and the heads.

Users who are viewing this thread