?'s about 10.5's

03 svt

Established Member
I'm in the market for a set of 10.5 chrome replicas. So i have heard that the American Muscle ones are junk but which brand does lethal sell? Are they AFS? Also do our center caps fit in the AFS replicas? looking for advice please. I'm looking for quality I don't want junk.

03 svt

Established Member
Afs quoted me 460 shipped today. That's significantly more than all the other vendors. Are there any other options????

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Afs quoted me 460 shipped today. That's significantly more than all the other vendors. Are there any other options????

AFS will "deal" on price. Call 'em back up and see what they can do for you.

I've got some 17x10.5 reps from AFS on the back of my car and factory SVT center caps snap in place just like the stockers. The only thing different about the replicas is the center caps sit about an 1/8th of an inch deeper in the center of the wheel (which is only noticeable to me because I'm so freakin' anal :lol:). I've had my wheels for almost two years and the chrome finish still looks new. I'd go with AFS if they can cut you a deal.

xfrosty63x

Established Member
AFS will "deal" on price. Call 'em back up and see what they can do for you.

I've got some 17x10.5 reps from AFS on the back of my car and factory SVT center caps snap in place just like the stockers. The only thing different about the replicas is the center caps sit about an 1/8th of an inch deeper in the center of the wheel (which is only noticeable to me because I'm so freakin' anal :lol:). I've had my wheels for almost two years and the chrome finish still looks new. I'd go with AFS if they can cut you a deal.

I believe American Muscle and Lethal both get their Cobra Replicas from Wheel Replicas. I purchased a pair of 17x10.5 rears from American Muscle, and the stock SVT center caps would not fit. I was able to jam them in, but they would still stick out a considerable amount. I was very unhappy with the rim quality, but American Muscle has tried working with me on resolving the situation.

I am currently running a set of AFS 18x9/10.5, and the quality was much better than the Wheel Replica rims. There was a difference in the front and rear design because the center caps fit perfectly flush in the front rims, but the center caps sunk in a little in the rear. The center caps also wanted to spin around a little in the holes, so I used a little electrical tape wrapped around them to make them more snug.

03 svt

Established Member
Well I guess they are hard up like everyone else because they wont budge. 460 is just to much for two knock off rims. If I'm going to pay that much I might as well keep going and get a whole set of some really nice wheels. I hate these types of dicesions.

03 svt

Established Member
I believe American Muscle and Lethal both get their Cobra Replicas from Wheel Replicas. I purchased a pair of 17x10.5 rears from American Muscle, and the stock SVT center caps would not fit. I was able to jam them in, but they would still stick out a considerable amount. I was very unhappy with the rim quality, but American Muscle has tried working with me on resolving the situation.

I am currently running a set of AFS 18x9/10.5, and the quality was much better than the Wheel Replica rims. There was a difference in the front and rear design because the center caps fit perfectly flush in the front rims, but the center caps sunk in a little in the rear. The center caps also wanted to spin around a little in the holes, so I used a little electrical tape wrapped around them to make them more snug.

I would love to go 18" they look so much better on the car. That is why I'm debating spending so much for just two rims.

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I like keeping the stock look to my vehicles. I had my stock painted 18" 03/04 Lightning wheels widened and chromed because I wanted to keep the stock look but add something special. I should have just found some nice looking 20s.

With the Cobra, I should have just purchased a set of 18" True Forged wheels and called it a day. I just was stuck with the stock style. I have been reading that Steve@TF is going to start production of some one-piece wheels that are a little more affordable for more people. I will certainly be looking into them. Chinese chrome never lasts, and these AFS wheels are too heavy.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
With the Cobra, I should have just purchased a set of 18" True Forged wheels and called it a day. I just was stuck with the stock style. I have been reading that Steve@TF is going to start production of some one-piece wheels that are a little more affordable for more people. I will certainly be looking into them. Chinese chrome never lasts, and these AFS wheels are too heavy.

Agreed, there's nothing lightweight about them. At least they look good and help to retain the sleeper/stock look that so many go for. :coolman:

03 svt

Established Member
well I have a set of ET streets for the track that I'll be putting on the stock rim. So I was reffering to a nitto for the street. They seem to be an intermitant traction device I know, but is it even worth it traction wise to run a 315 555r over a 275? I have tried other DR's like the BFG's and they certainly work better but they just wear out way to fast for my wallet. That's why I will be buying the nitto's

Users who are viewing this thread