S-197 owners.......

Nebraska_SHO

Established Member
Need your input, I am thinking about buying a 07 GT and had some questions.
1. How well do they respond to mods?
2. How do they compare to the 99-04 gt's?
3. Whats the best thing about your car, the worst?
4. I cant decide what color black, white, or tungston(sp), and if you want to whore out your car feel free. :coolman:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I had four SN95s. My dad had a S197 Vert as an extra car and I used it pretty frequently over the course of the summer two summers ago. The S197 is superior from behind the wheel in pretty much every way.

Looks and all that stuff are subjective, but the shifting, steering, rattles and creeks, driving position are all much better.

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Well I have one and I use to have a 04 gt before stock fro stock don't even compare the minute i got drove my 06' I could instanly feel the difference. These cars do fairly good with mods to similar to that of the Mach 1. The worst thing off the lot for me was the stock rubber but as any mustang goes it needs to always be faster that's why i am already doing a forged/stroked short block upgraded valves,retainers and springs along with a whipple s/c. I had a bunch of bolt-on's already but felt that I needed more.

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
Nebraska_SHO said:
4. I cant decide what color black, white, or tungston(sp), and if you want to whore out your car feel free. :coolman:

Well from what I have seen, they respond to mods quite well. One guy gained like 30or so WHP from taking out the cats and a SCT X Cal 2 tune with a 5 speed also with a 80 Shot of the juice he claims 444 torque, seems pretty good to me :)

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
Nebraska_SHO said:

I had a 05 GT before the cobra here ya go...
1- mine responded VERY well to mods.. i had a CAI, SCT x calibur, flowmaster axle backs and 4:30 gears in it and the car would catch 3rd hard enough to break your neck..ran a 9.0 flat in a 1/8 mile on 20" wheels. I was very impressed.
2) i was impressed with the mods compared to the SN95..my 02 had about $1500+ in bolt ons on it and would run a 9.0 flat in the 1/8 mile.. so that i liked over the sn95.. on a downside i couldnt get used to how much larger the car was.
3) the best thing about the car was all the aftermarket parts out for them..a geat assortment. Worst- heat from the motor/tranny would come up into the cabin of the car in the summer..even with the AC on it was misserable!!!!! Plus during the summer when running the AC the car got horrid gas mileage..it sucked. All that led to me selling it and buying a cobra.
4)i had screaming yellow... but 2nd to that the tungsten is a really nice color.

Users who are viewing this thread