?'s '04 radiator and fan into a non TSB '96

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
I just got a radiator and fan from a '04 Cobra that I want to install in my '96. My car has not had the TSB done to it.

I've searched and searched and all paths have lead nowhere! (yes search function pwns me!)

I would like to know exactly what is needed to be done to mount the '97-'04 radiator and fan into my '96!
The radiator has the brackets on the side from the '04. I know I should also replace the AC condenser. That will come later when I locate one. As for now just the radiator and fan.

Are the fan connectors the same? If not, can I just splice my original connectors to the '04 fan wires?

Thanks for the help!:beer::rockon:

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
The Terminator Rad drops in with no problem. The only thing you "might" have to modify are the bottom rad support holes and flip over the top support brackets, all are a piece of cake. Other than that everything else bolts right up, well at least it did on mine.

harvboi05

Established Member
the install on my car involved literally no extra work, plug and play.

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
Thanks guys fir the info! Keep in mind my car has not had the cooling TSB done. So I know it doesn't just drop right in.

CO13RA- When you say flip over the top mounts; do you mean to also swap the left to the right and the right to the left? Or do you mean to just turn the mounts upside down?

Also does anyone know the part number or where I can locate the male plug to splice into my factory harness to connect to the '04 fan? Or even the female plug on the '96 fan? Then I can just make a short adapter harness to plug the '96 fan harness to the '04 fan.

Thanks again!

C O 13 R A

Crazy Arms
Established Member
Thanks guys fir the info! Keep in mind my car has not had the cooling TSB done. So I know it doesn't just drop right in.

CO13RA- When you say flip over the top mounts; do you mean to also swap the left to the right and the right to the left? Or do you mean to just turn the mounts upside down?

Also does anyone know the part number or where I can locate the male plug to splice into my factory harness to connect to the '04 fan? Or even the female plug on the '96 fan? Then I can just make a short adapter harness to plug the '96 fan harness to the '04 fan.

Thanks again!

Sorry for the delayed response, hope it's not too late. :thumbsup: lol.
If I recall correctly I believe I had to turn the metal brackets upside down and also reverse the rubber mounts on them so that they can sit properly on the Terminator Rad.

You can perform your own TSB on the Cobra yourself. Check out the stickies/how to section. Good luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread