Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
After week 7...
Rankings:
33127.jpeg

Strength of Schedule:
33128.jpeg

(all opponents, including games not played yet. excel limitation)

Last edited:

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
the pats, saints, and bills belong ahead of the lions.

Agreed, and in that order plus adding the Ravens into that mix. I also don't think the Niners should near that high up.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
the pats, saints, and bills belong ahead of the lions.
Agreed, and in that order plus adding the Ravens into that mix. I also don't think the Niners should near that high up.
wow guys, your reading comprehension is absolutely amazing. i bet you guys went to the harvard of grade schools. awesome job getting the point of the post:rollseyes

Nice work Ry. :thumbsup:
very nice. and the toughest schedule is why im ok with my boys @ 2-2
thanks guys, at least some here know how to read:beer:

tt54l32v

Established Member
Arizona's opponents winning percentage is backwards somewhere.
Detroit is up there because they are undefeated. Why dont you people see that.

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
wow guys, your reading comprehension is absolutely amazing. i bet you guys went to the harvard of grade schools. awesome job getting the point of the post:rollseyes

thanks guys, at least some here know how to read:beer:

hey, you asked for opinions. yes i read your post, i got the point. i still wanted to point out the flaws:beer:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Arizona's opponents winning percentage is backwards somewhere.
Detroit is up there because they are undefeated. Why dont you people see that.
good catch, that was my apparent dyslexia kicking in:lol1: .417 instead of .714

hey, you asked for opinions. yes i read your post, i got the point. i still wanted to point out the flaws:beer:
so, your pointing out the flaw that has the undefeated detroit lions ahead of every single time that has 1 loss huh? thanks for that logic:rollseyes i didn't ask for opinions, i asked for statistical errors to be pointed out. again, these are statistical rankings, learn how to read.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
I hope you copied and pasted all that from a spreadsheet...
didn't have excel on the computer i originally laid it out on, but it didn't take much time to transfer it over to excel when i got to my computer.

SOS formulas are more complicated than winning percentages but I like seeing it all written out.
yea, i've been toying with the idea of using a real SOS formula. i'll probably get around to it eventually since i have everything in excel now, should make it a little quicker. i just threw up that basic list since i already had the opp records.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
rankings updated, Detroit Lions up to 1st because of a slim Schedule Strength margin over green bay. Chicago Bears drop from 18th to 19th.
in the schedule strength, Detroit moves up from 24th to 23rd. no change for Chicago.

look for some changes when i implement a real strength of schedule formula(probably the BCS formula).

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Yeah I wasn't paying attention when I posted while I was at work. Oh well...

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
alright, updated the first post with my new and much improved power rankings and strength of schedule(after week 7). for the SOS rankings, i'm using the BCS formula...
(2x + y)/3
x = average winning % of opponents
y = average winning % of opponent's oppoenents
it's not perfect(no SOS formula is), but, hey, it's certainly good enough for this.
i also uploaded my excel spreadsheet into the first post in case anyone wants to screw around with it(had to .zip it because SVTP doesn't like .xls). it has the power rankings/SOS rankings pictured above, plus a page of stats for each team(for example, the buffalo bills tab)...

33129.jpeg

...every piece of info in the entire spreadsheet(including the power rankings) automatically updates after you enter the score for a teams last game. it automatically adjusts the win/loss columns and win %, opponent win/loss columns and win %, cumulative score, points more than/less than, SOS #, etc. you also only have to enter the info for 1 team and it will automatically update it for the opponent(although you gotta start with the left most tab/worksheet and move right due to the way the formulas are arranged).
the only real limitations are that the opponent wins/losses + win % includes the numbers for opponents that a team hasn't played yet, and thus they're included in the SOS rankings as well. this could be solved by manually entering the opp wins/losses as the games are played, but who wants to do that when you could have a flawed but automated system(lol)? i'm sure i could figure out some massive 'if/else' formula for each cell or something that wouldn't include the numbers for teams that haven't been played yet until a game score is entered, but my brain is pretty fried right now from working on this, lol. also, you have to reorganize the rankings manually, as i don't think there is any sort of way(a formula or something) to automate it based on the entered data(game scores).
if anyone(a computer programmer? lol) wants to screw with this, the formulas and what not and improve it, by all means!

Users who are viewing this thread