RXT Rear wheel shudder

philkilla

Crusher of Skulls
Established Member
Hello all.

I recently installed (300 miles) a calimer stage 3 MT82 and an RXT into my 2011.

Break in is going fine, however taking off from dead stop and smoothly engaging from clutch to throttle makes the passenger rear wheel feel like it wants to jump off the car; it shakes and convulses so bad I just can't help but feel like something is wrong.

I had an RXT installed at a shop in the past and it had the same characteristics; this led me to believe they installed it incorrectly. I installed it this time and it acts the same way.

Is this what can be defined as an "aggressive" clutch? My goal is to sell this car, and as of right now it is not very inspiring..

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I can’t say I’ve had anything like that with the RXT in my 03. If it seems to be coming from the pass side rear I’d say that’s the place to start. Anything the clutch is doing should effect the rear equally I would think

basspro302

Established Member
Check the control arm bushings and the upper control arm. Ive had cars with unsprung clutch discs that shake alot more when releasing the clutch and not slipping them enough.

Reaper14

Established Member
Only time the RXT has made my car feel that way is when I baby the clutch too much. Took my a while to get used to this clutch.

Vic

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Only time the RXT has made my car feel that way is when I baby the clutch too much. Took my a while to get used to this clutch.

Vic
It can be jumpy/chatter but I was really, really babying it or just idling along which it doesn’t like

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I have RXT and it takes some finesse to get a shudder-free takeoff from a stop. I don't mean hard acceleration, I mean just a normal takeoff from a stoplight or whatever. It will shudder unless you give it just the right amount of rpm's. I would try different rpm ranges and see if you can get smooth takeoffs. I think you will be able to, with some practice........

Users who are viewing this thread