RXT loud at low rpm's under load???

Ordakow

SVT Poster
Established Member
I just put in the RXT clutch and there is a loud growling noise when your under 2k and accelerate? Is this common with the RXT or an after market clutch ??

Dirk_Pitt

Established Member
I just put in the RXT clutch and there is a loud growling noise when your under 2k and accelerate? Is this common with the RXT or an after market clutch ??

My RST does the same thing. Right around 1700 rpm and I notice it in 3rd and 4th gear mostly. By 2000 rpm it is gone. Has always done it. My only complaint with the clutch.

shurur

Established Member
McLeod single hub clutches do the same thing..means you need to be in a lower gear;-)

I had a tech note somewhere about it...it's normal for the Single hubs.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Yep just normal noise. I kind of liked it in my car for some odd reason.

sonic cobra

Established Member
I have it too, for almost 10,000 miles. I had 26 spline input shaft installed at the same time as the clutch and always assumed it was the input shaft and not the clutch. Doesn't bother me at all any more nor does the high clutch engagement as i am used to the way it drives and its all good

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Well my car is too loud to notice it I guess. Just run a 4" open down pipe and your problems will be solved!

truculentSVT

Established Member
yep, just installed my RXT in my '04 and have the sames noises. Just got on here to search for it. I really do not like the way it sounds. Just came from a Spec 3+ and it was 10x quieter.

Did anyone notice it getting quieter as more
miles go?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread