rwhp on stock o4 lightning...

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
i have a friend and he hass always said that my lightning bone stock has 310 at th wheels... so now i bet him.. tell me if am wrong LIGHTNING GODS i said 340 at the wheels stock... what you guys think....

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
i thought so not 310...
wickedsvt2002 what mods helpd you get the 11.78 @113.00 thats awsome is it a stock block....

Last edited:

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
330-340 RWHP for a stock (paper filter and exhaust included) Lightning based on what I've seen.

However, if you factor in a 18% drive train loss then you friend is close. A 10% drive train loss is closer to your guess of RWHP. I've never heard a concrete answer as to what percentage of drive train loss is typical with a Lightning... I've heard answers ranging from 15-20% :shrug:.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
No, the power lost due to the transmission, drive shaft, u-joints, differential, etc.

ohh man am learning every day... well mine i guess is new it only has 34,XXX miles on it and i hardly drive it use to be a dd driver when i was in school..
now am just workng hard to get some mods in...

wickedsvt2002

Established Member
i thought so not 310...
wickedsvt2002 what mods helpd you get the 11.78 @113.00 thats awsome is it a stock block....

That was with a built motor with heads, cams, full exhaust, 8# lower, and a ported blower.

Now I have a KB 2.3 with a 10# lower and 3.0 upper. Truck is running like crap with a crap tune so no new times worth posting.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
That was with a built motor with heads, cams, full exhaust, 8# lower, and a ported blower.

Now I have a KB 2.3 with a 10# lower and 3.0 upper. Truck is running like crap with a crap tune so no new times worth posting.

kool man are u headed to psi to get the tune?.....

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
i do not believe his question was based on flywheel, he was referring to rear wheel power.

Yes... and BHP (at the crank) minus drive train loss equates to RWHP (at the wheels).

For example:

380 BHP (for 01-04 Lightnings) x .15 (assuming 15% drive train loss) = 57 HP loss due to drive train.

380 BHP - 57 HP = 323 RWHP

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
don't need a lesson, i understand how it works. his question from the beginning was dealing with rwhp. he was then confused by the remarks of parasitic loss.:beer:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
kool man are u headed to psi to get the tune?.....

I'm not sure if he is going to travel his truck from Illinois to Houston to get tuned. But if so it will be worth it. I drove down from Fort Worth to have pat tune my truck and was worth every penny I spent. You will not be disappointed with a dyno tune from PSI. Pat and his guys do some awesome work.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
I'm not sure if he is going to travel his truck from Illinois to Houston to get tuned. But if so it will be worth it. I drove down from Fort Worth to have pat tune my truck and was worth every penny I spent. You will not be disappointed with a dyno tune from PSI. Pat and his guys do some awesome work.

yeah 00svt pat has done some trucks on some of my friends and i was shocked what he could get out of them os stock blocks..... the guy is amazing...

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
2004 Lightning 36k miles BONE STOCK down to the factory airfilter

dyno.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread