Rwhp limits of the Aluminator motor?

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
I plan on buying one in the next day or so and was wondering whats the limit. Im going to get the 11:1 and boost it up with a little nitrous.

KushBandit

Established Member
As Kyle55 said, 850rwhp is pretty much the limit for an aluminator. I know of a 940rwhp aluminator equipped car at my local drag strip, but I don't know how long he's been running at that power level.

AFAIK, the aluminators still have the shitty oil pump gears that plague coyotes.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
They have better OPG's. It's the piston/ring package, stock block, etc that's the issue from what people have told me.

KushBandit

Established Member
They have better OPG's. It's the piston/ring package, stock block, etc that's the issue from what people have told me.

I suppose it depends on which aluminator we're talking about. The better OPG are in the XS and SC, which you are correct about. However, the NA aluminator doesn't have them.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yes the N/A aluminators have the billet OPG's for awhile now. Seems like the limit with them is the stock block.

Doug1227

Established Member
Mine is an 11:1 early model with TSS OPG's and made 960/850 through the 6R80. I don't keep it on this level all the time however. I'm sure it's close to the edge.....

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I made 1063 through an auto. Turbo's may be a little easier on things. But I never turn it up over 850-900 since that dyno day. Valve springs are also only good for so much. (Boss valve springs)

2014Mustang5oh

Fast is never fast enough
Established Member
What are the specs on the rebuild mt82? Price?

Level 1 is 700 bucks for brass shift pads, welded shift forks, upgraded synchros

Level 2 is what I am getting now is all of Level 1 plus all the internals are chryo treated and rem polished. (1000who rated) which is an additional 900

Users who are viewing this thread