Running ruff when cold?

fha8388

Established Member
Car ran great with the port and stock injectors/maf

Day before the dyno tune i Installed the 80's and 2600 maf, it's been running like crap since

This winter ill send them out to get flow matched

Arent the 80s to big for your current setup. Im running 80s with kb 2.2 on e85...

iggster

Established Member
Car ran great with the port and stock injectors/maf

Day before the dyno tune i Installed the 80's and 2600 maf, it's been running like crap since

This winter ill send them out to get flow matched

could be a maf issue but I do know allot of tuners have a hard time tuning 80s Even a couple of threads on the sct pro racer forum and how people switch to other injectors and day and night difference in how the car runs.

The tuner who used to tune my car had an issue tuning mine, when cold it would run really lean and rough. He added a bunch of fuel but car would be to rich. It took allot of trial and error of me tuning to get it to idle perfect.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I'm thinking its my injectors, any one know of a good place get them flow matched?

Thanks for the advice guys

gmcconn1

Established Member
Are you able to post some data logs of the issues? That would help diagnose.

Injector Dynamics is my preference for injectors.

I think a good set of flow matched injectors is always a good idea - particularly on high end applications. Your issues seem like more than injector flow matching to me. I would guess there is more going on than that...

01yellercobra

Established Member
You need to have the cold start adjusted. Either you'll have to drop the car off at the tuners or datalog first thing in the morning. Mine ran really bad when cold. I had to adjust the cold start fuel table. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better now. If it was my daily I would be more concerned. I'm running SD 80's. Which are the same as the FRPP. I had an easier time tuning these then I did with the 39's I used to run.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
It's not the weather, it's the temp of the engine. Well, the coolant. The engine is coolest after sitting over night. It'll never be that cool again throughout the day. That's why I was saying either dropping it off at the tuner or datalogging in the morning. It doesn't necessarily have to be in the morning. It just has to be the first start of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread