Running Rough??????????

Shoeman 1

Established Member
On occasion after start up my 97 would run real rough like it is on 7 cylinders, but would smooth out after a bit. This was before my new Ford motor was put in (engine was hurt & Ebay paid for it so I never drove or got on it at all)!! After new motor install it did it a few times on start up. I've put about 2,000k on it (time to get on it). The other night I did a couple of 1st gear hard pulls to about 6,000 rpm and backed off, on the second pull I came up to stop light and the motor acted like it wanted to die and was running rough again. A couple of throttle blips and it went away. Today 1 hard 1st gear pull & the same thing only it (rough idle) didn't want to go away. So I drove it some with higher rpms (not wot) and it seemed to clear it up. It has new plugs with the motor, wires are original along with the rest of the stuff (car only has 31,000k on it)!! It has a Pro Maf, Super Chip, catted x etc.
Any Idea's as to what might be causing this problem??????
Thanks

jroc04si

Established Member
im having a similiar issue and im wondering if its my pro m maf. you may also want to try changing your sparkplug wires

John4cam

Established Member
I say the IAC motor is gunked up, take it off and clean it out with some throttle body cleaner. Its easy to do and free.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread