Running Rich!

5ohstang

vnmus97
Established Member
I just put flowtech longtubes on my car and didnt hook the a.i.r tubes up to the headers with them drilled out like the instructions said(we didnt have the instructions at the time). So we figured since they were blocked off on the header now then we could just unplug the a.i.r pump in the fender so that it didnt blow air for no reason. well i have been driving it for a little while and noticed that it sort of has a rough idle and just reaks from running rich. we are going to try to drill them out soon and hook the tubes back up but i wanted to make sure that this is why it smells like its running really rich. I read the codes(check engine light is on) and they said that they are because of this so i wanted to make sure that putting these tubes on will fix it.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
ehh that might be it, by air tubes do u mean the egr? my egr is hooked up but still reaks of fumes my car and runs rich

5ohstang

vnmus97
Established Member
I guess they are the egr tubes going into the headers but we still unplugged the air pump in the fender so nothing is coming from that or going through the egr either

pacific4v

Established Member
Just get all that emissions crap deleted in a tune and not worry about having to remove the headers to drill the holes.

Users who are viewing this thread