Running MM Panhard with tailpipes?

jhein2580

Established Member
Hey guys and gals,
Is anyone running a Maximum Motorsport panhard bar with full exhaust including tail pipes on a 93 Cobra? If so I would like to know which manufacturer cat back fits well. Right now I am running turn downs on my cobra but would like to have tail pipes again.

Thanks for the input!
Jason

Philcsag1

Established Member
Here is some additional info ,the walker 2.5 tail pipes for a LX work but you have to have the hanger extended about 3/4 of an inch

The 93 R did not have a fuel cell like the 95 and 2000 so what works on a street version should work on an R

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
I've got the walker 17393 kit on my 88GT with an OEM cobra bumper and MM PHB. The car is really low and clearances are tight but everything clears under full suspension travel.

I did extend the hangers with body brackets to get them to clear the bumper. I wish Flowmaster and Dynomax (Walker) would build a 93 Cobra specific kit. A large majority of GT owners use the Cobra bumper and have to modify those tailpipe hangers. Doesn't really matter to me now because I'm married to what I've got but someone needs to offer a different kit with the right brackets.

Last edited:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Bassani just released a cat-back kit which was designed with MM to clear the MM PHB. The kit is for the LX but obviously w/ different hangers it would work on the cobra.

drkhrse

Established Member
I'm thinking of ordering this kit for my 93R (car has a track link), any thoughts?? I need to order it soon from someone who has it in stock.

Bassani 5093mm5

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bassani-5093MM5-Aft-Cat-Exhaust-Systems/dp/B000PG4PTG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-5779599-7623245?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1211819466&sr=8-1"]on amazon[/ame]

Last edited:

drkhrse

Established Member
I ordered the Bassani kit, it made it to my house then was taken away by UPS because Bassani sent it before confirming if I was willing to pay the $200 increase over the listed price on the kit, after i already paid for it. Man they pi$$ed me off. Bassani upped all of there prices and didn’t bother to tell there resellers, whoever runs that place needs to take some business classes! I will not be paying over $600 for a cat back kit from them. Guess my local muffler shop will get my money instead.

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I ordered the Bassani kit, it made it to my house then was taken away by UPS because Bassani sent it before confirming if I was willing to pay the $200 increase over the listed price on the kit, after i already paid for it. Man they pi$ me off. Bassani upped all of there prices and didn’t bother to tell there resellers, whoever runs that place needs to take some business classes! I will not be paying over $600 for a cat back kit from them. Guess my local muffler shop will get my money instead.

That is terrible!! I have had some dealings w/ Sheldon at Bassani and it is like dealing with a 4th grader. I thought you could also buy the kit through MM but could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread