Running like crap........Need help!!!!!

SJ_Cobra

Established Member
well got my car out the body shop like 2 months ago and my car has been running like crap! I had pulley mail tune from Amazon,exhaust and intake. Took the pulley off and put stock tune. Its still running like crap!!!! Its sounds like its back firing not like hella loud but like poping sounds. At lights it idles real rough. I have stock plugs I have bout 16000 miles. Its wasting alot of gas... got no codes but for p1000. can someone please help thanks!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Call Rick at Amazon and get that thing on a dyno to find what's going on before something serious happens.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member

YEP

Body shop porter probably zinged to the rev limiter a few times and damaged it

Disconnect FRPS electrical connector and see if it idles smoothly

I hope you haven't been driving it like that for 2 months :dw:

Change your oil immediately....

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
YEP

Body shop porter probably zinged it to the rev limiter a few times and damaged it

I hope you haven't been driving it like that for 2 months :dw:

change your oil...

This is what came to my mind as well.

-Jeff

SJ_Cobra

Established Member
well the sevice engine light came on today and had 2 codes p0300 and p0302! found its a missfire and something to do with the #2 cylinder. where is the #2 cylinder? thaks....

Terminator420

Established Member
misfire cylinder 2... my friend just experienced the same thing in his 03, the cylinder #2 coil went out, its on the passenger side 2nd from the front, ...heres a quick test. pop the coil cover off and take the plug out to check for visual damge. if its good, put it back in and unplug the coil, then start the car. if the car idles and sounds the same, youve got a bad coil in that cylinder. If it gets worse, shut the car off, plug the coil back in and unplug the fuel injector in that cylinder, if the car idles and runs the same, youve got a bad injector.. hope this helps and someone feel free to correct me if im mistaken

j2schill

Established Member
I had my car at the body shop a few months ago. And i remembered to take a look at the the mileage before i left. and sure enough when i came back there was over a mile on the guage. I shoulda said something but was so happy to have the car back that i bit my tongue, But dont be nieve here. any shop that gets to work on a 400+ hp car is gunna be tempted to take it for a joy ride and neglect to fix anything that is damaged in the process.

NERDKILLER

Established Member
My car is doing the same thing.If you find out what the pronlem is could you please let me know so I could start there.Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread