Running lean?

SVTContique

So i was driving my car today and gave it a little gas in 2nd gear, at WOT i looked over and saw about 12.3-12.6ish AFR and at that moment i felt some detonation. Pulled over and checked everything, car ran fine. Got it to the GF's and reloaded the tune just in case, got some new gasand took it out again... running lean still, normally it runs around 11.0AFR but its running high 11's which i just dont trust.

Anything that could be making it run high?

Should i check my plugs and whatnot?

Would love to buy a short block but im saving for a house... so money needs to be saved ideally!

SVTContique

Mine runs a bit richer, Like 10.8-low 11's normally.

Filter is still there, MAF need cleaning maybe? Car drives fine except lean at WOT.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Couldn't hurt to clean the MAF. Does your wideband need to be calibrated? Has the temp changed lately?

01GTvert

Established Member
So i was driving my car today and gave it a little gas in 2nd gear, at WOT i looked over and saw about 12.3-12.6ish AFR

What kind of gauge are you using to confirm this? A narrow or wide band? Narrow band AFR gauges are useless for data collection but great for the blinky lights effect.

Pull a plug or two and check for a white-ish powder on the terminal. Plugs should be tan to slightly black for a nice rich blower friendly tune.

bad01cobra

Established Member
yea i changed mine and a/f came right down to where it was suppose to be and i have been told that any supercharged or turbocharged car it needs to be changed every 10,000 miles

SVTContique

yea i changed mine and a/f came right down to where it was suppose to be and i have been told that any supercharged or turbocharged car it needs to be changed every 10,000 miles

Thats what i am thinking too, do people ever delete them, or do they actually serve a purpose?

unfortunately i wont be able to do it until the weekend so i am just babying it now.

bad01cobra

Established Member
no you have to have a filter on it just be thankful you dont have the irs in yours its a nightmare . do your self a favor and buy a 3/8 fuel line dissconect tool and make sure its metal not plastic makes life a whole lot easier

Users who are viewing this thread