Running lean and chugging at idle

silverserpant

Established Member
Went to the track and now I find that the car is running lean at idle, always over 15 and peggs the gauge and chugs. I pulled the plugs and none of them are damaged but have a light white haze on every hole.

I tried changing some parts and looking for vacuum leaks but havent come up with any as of yet.

Boost gauge reads 21" vacuum till it chugs the starts to break up to 12 ish.
I have a idle data log showing up to 2500 free rpm. but I mess up and didnt add the equastion for the a/f if anyone could read it for me.

My ltft are commanding ..920 for the average

stft are a mostly on the lean side but averaging 1.03 for the log.

Any help will be appreciated.

Mods
steg stg 5 17 psi
63 lb inj
2800 big air
boost a pump.

I added a off road pipe after the tune, could this be a issue if the car was tuned for a catted mid pipe?

I can give any information is more is needed

silverserpant

Established Member
update, after checking all the vacuum lines and sensors. Found that both o2 fronts were toasted. Borrowed a set off a friend and everything is back to normal now thank god.

No codes, they logged the same datalog. hav eto log it tomorrow to see what they read with the swa[ and compare the data to see what the differences in voltages are between the junk and the used ones.

Makes me feel a lot better knowing that the motor is still in one piece and that I chose to trailer it to the track or the 2 hour ride home would;ve done some real damage being that lean at low maf counts.

Thought is was a vacuum leak so now I need to reinstall my dragon and JLT as I was searching through everything to find this problem and the o2's were the last thing befor e a compression test but holding 21 " vacuum at idle and 24 on my tools gauge leads me away from internal issues.

What a scary ordeal to see my baby hurt like that. thought I was in line for a new bottom end.

Users who are viewing this thread