running foglights at night

cuslo1

Established Member
Just curious when running your foglight at night with your headlights. Do you get cars flashing their lights at you thinking you are running with your brights on or do my fogs need to be adjusted just curiius I get lights being flashed quite often. Anybody else have that happen????

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
All the time in my neighborhood. I flash back to make them feel bad for their original flash.

Installing a roush grille today as the stock gt grille is super fugly with the giant kc fogs and pony. Was on the fence but had another gt crawl up my ass on the hwy. Fogs were so fugly I didn't know kind of car it was. Alcoholics call what I experienced a "moment of clarity".

Scooters

On my forth Mustang
Established Member
This used to happen to me all the time until I found one of my fog lights was not aligned correctly. It was actually aimed slightly upward. I have not had anyone flash their brights at me since I adjusted it down.

Last edited:

burke985

Established Member
Nope I gotta have them to see since I put the shitty raxioms in the car , bought a set of piaa's and they helped a little , I gotta get an hid kit soon.

cuzracecar

Established Member
i did a lot untill i swapped out for a saleen grill and c/s bottom with the fog lights in it, looks way better but the stock set up put out more light which i miss

Dave_6

Established Member
I get flashed all the time in my '13. I'm so sick of it that I finally just quit running the fogs. Guess that gives me another reason to change the grill...

nickf2005

Established Member
All the time in my neighborhood. I flash back to make them feel bad for their original flash.
+1

OP, do you have the HID lights? I run at night with just headlights, no fogs. I still get, on multiple accounts, people flashing me (not in the good way :banana:). I think the HID's are brighter than people are used to. Once I get the LED replacement fogs from Van, I'll be running them at night too. My OCD does not like the difference in light color from the factory.

Ratchet

Established Member
+1

OP, do you have the HID lights? I run at night with just headlights, no fogs. I still get, on multiple accounts, people flashing me (not in the good way :banana:). I think the HID's are brighter than people are used to. Once I get the LED replacement fogs from Van, I'll be running them at night too. My OCD does not like the difference in light color from the factory.
Do you happen to know the number of the LED replacement bulb? I didn't like the color diff between my HID stock headlights and the running lights. So I got some 4000k Piaa lights to try to match it up. Got a lot closer, but still not perfect.:beer:

kingnut

Established Member
i only had my 13 for 3 days and i got flashed like 5 times. it amazes me people still cant tell its a mustang from far away or close. it is kinda annoying but the factory grill fogs put out so much useable light im not gonna get rid of them.

flS/R

Established Member
I get flashed every now and then. I put the brights on and make them look stupid

this.

those people should be pissed at those integra faggits who swap their wiring and use the inner lights (high beams) as their driving lights

alex12gt

Established Member
Never have been flashed ive got the roush bumper with lower fogs and a saleen grill but ive been thinking about putting the factory grill back in i kinda like the lights

KidMoney

Established Member
I always ran mine. I loved that they actually put out usable light. I got flashed a few times but not enough to really bother me. The Shelby fog lights aren't nearly as bright.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I get cars flashing a lot with mine. I adjusted them down and it cut down on the flashes, but every now and then someone will flash. I installed the DDM tuning HID kits.
utezyze3.jpg

The headlights are dark tinted too :p

kingnut

Established Member
Never have been flashed ive got the roush bumper with lower fogs and a saleen grill but ive been thinking about putting the factory grill back in i kinda like the lights

I get cars flashing a lot with mine. I adjusted them down and it cut down on the flashes, but every now and then someone will flash. I installed the DDM tuning HID kits.
utezyze3.jpg

The headlights are dark tinted too :p

hes obviously talking about the factory grill fogs...

nickf2005

Established Member

cuslo1

Established Member
+1

no I got an 11 gt premium normal light

cuslo1

Established Member
i only had my 13 for 3 days and i got flashed like 5 times. it amazes me people still cant tell its a mustang from far away or close. it is kinda annoying but the factory grill fogs put out so much useable light im not gonna get rid of them.

+1 lol

Users who are viewing this thread