Running E85 without a Complete Return Style Fuel System?

Flcracker

Established Member
So I was just talking with a well reputed company about fuel systems and wanted to run this by you all. He said that you don't need a return style fuel system to run E85. According to him, plenty of guys run E85 with just a BAP, ID1000s and the 82 mm pulley. He said that the complete return style system is more commonly used when steeping down to the 79 mm pulley. Does this sound right to you guys? Thanks!

evil281

Established Member
E85 with 82mm, ID1000's, and BAP here. I am at the edge of what this combo can do though according to my data logs and really for safety and the option to forge my shortblock and pulley smaller I plan to do a proper system in the future.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
707 HP with a BAP, ID1000's, dual DW200's. My builder generally prefers guys over 800 HP go return style.

GTPaxton

Established Member
do a return system...your pump might be ok today but tommorow will it be?...buy a budget return system at least i paid 950 for mine and now i wont have to worry about a band aid fix (bap) is saving a few hundred worth possibly 8-10gs if your bap or fp gives out @ wot?...your pump might log fine today but the next day start to slowly fail and then boom!!!..plenty stories on the net about this

Last edited:

Flcracker

Established Member
E85 with 82mm, ID1000's, and BAP here. I am at the edge of what this combo can do though according to my data logs and really for safety and the option to forge my shortblock and pulley smaller I plan to do a proper system in the future.

What are your Whp and Torque numbers? Thanks.

Flcracker

Established Member
do a return system...your pump might be ok today but tommorow will it be?...buy a budget return system at least i paid 950 for mine and now i wont have to worry about a band aid fix (bap) is saving a few hundred worth possibly 8-10gs if your bap or fp gives out @ wot?...your pump might log fine today but the next day start to slowly fail and then boom!!!..plenty stories on the net about this

I was quoted 5,000 bucks for parts and labor for a complete Fore system. Does that sound reasonable?

GBCoyote

Established Member
I decided to install a full system before converting to E85 for the singular reason of fuel pump failures. One day they're fine, the next day people's cars are blown up. It was cheap insurance to buy me some more time until I get a sleeved and built short block from MPR. My fuel system was 1500 from JPC. Me and a buddy did the install in a day. I would say it called for about 7 hours of install taking the time to decipher the instructions and whatnot. I wouldn't pay 5k for that though.

Healthforhazard

Established Member
Top of the line kit is only like 2k I think plus another 1k for injectors. At $100/hour you could pay 1k for installation plus if they want to retune for another $1k. $5k is steep but believable

Flcracker

Established Member
Labor-- 10 hours, 123 per hour = 1,232.
Parts--ID1000s Coyote with spacers =772.80
Fore Innovations E85 Stage 4 System = 2,399.99
Lund Dyno Tune Update = 250.00
E85 Fuel =25.00
Subtotal = 4,697.00
Shop supplies 39.73
Sales Tax 283.34
Total = 5,005.61

Last edited:

Flcracker

Established Member
Fore E85 Stage 4 System:
Tripple pump hat with Twin 465LPH
Pumps
Fuel Rails
Regulator
128MM Fuel Filter Kit
-10/-8 Starlite Fuel Hose
All needed Fittings
FC3 Controller with Vacuum Switch

corepwn

Established Member
Fore E85 Stage 4 System:
Tripple pump hat with Twin 465LPH
Pumps
Fuel Rails
Regulator
128MM Fuel Filter Kit
-10/-8 Starlite Fuel Hose
All needed Fittings
FC3 Controller with Vacuum Switch

I'd strongly suggest you PM Sai (04compGT) about his return fuel system. It's like $950 or so from him and includes everything you need except the injectors. If you have any mechanical ability you can do this install yourself, it's really not a big deal.

Do not pay $5k for a fuel system + install.
10 hours is way excessive IMO too.

Flcracker

Established Member
I wonder if I could do the install? I changed a starter a few times and bolted up a transmission once years ago.

GBCoyote

Established Member
The install isn't bad really. You don't even have to drop the tank to access the pump on these cars. The biggest pain was rerouting the new fuel lines and wiring the box up in the back of the car where everything wires into eachother. If you get Sai's kit I hear it's a killer deal and very simple to install. Several people in the 900hp area with his kit.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if I could do the install? I changed a starter a few times and bolted up a transmission once years ago.

Though I don't have a 11-14 mustang so I don't know how hard these cars are to work on. But be honest with yourself, if you have some mechanical skills and members on here that are willing to help with questions or problems I'd say go for it and install it yourself.

I went through this a few years ago on my 03 cobra. Upgraded blower and a fore innovation return fuel system. The shop I go to wanted about 1500 dollars in labor. I decided to tackle it myself, and I'm glad I did. Feels good knowing I did it all. I actually just finished upgrading fuel pumps again, running a bigger feed line, and going dead head and moving regulator in the fender.

Good luck!

Flcracker

Established Member
Thank you Bdubbs. I'm thinking I'll give Fore Innovatinos a call, and see if they'll email me a copy of the instructions. If there even are any. Thing is, I had my spin fused, and I need to be real carful with how I move.

GTPaxton

Established Member
i have the sai li kit.950....lund update was only 150 bro....i already had the id1000 brought with the paxton...i believe my install is between 3-400

Last edited:

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Labor-- 10 hours, 123 per hour = 1,232.
Parts--ID1000s Coyote with spacers =772.80
Fore Innovations E85 Stage 4 System = 2,399.99
Lund Dyno Tune Update = 250.00
E85 Fuel =25.00
Subtotal = 4,697.00
Shop supplies 39.73
Sales Tax 283.34
Total = 5,005.61

No offense but I bet you have friends or guys in local car clubs that would help with the install, plus the support on here, if you offered to buy beer and some food. Figure total cost around $250. You would save a grand there alone.

Users who are viewing this thread