running 12's

steveatford

Established Member
Hey everyone has anyone hit 12's in the 1/4 with out nos or supercharger in there newer mustang if so what mods have you done .
thanks steve
i have a 2001 mustang gt conv

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Id say its a very hard task to do with out any power adders if ur not going to swap out the stock block.

But then again, u will be surprised by the fact that some folks know how to drive. Just a natural talent they have & they can take there cars to certain limits that others cant.

What you planning on for mods to help you possible get to the 12's? with out the Power Adders.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
4.10 gears and DR's will be an almost necessity. That along with full exhaust, chip and tune might get you close.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Welds front & rear slicks out back.
3:73 gear
FRPP Aluminum D/S
Steeda pullies & Timing Adjuster @14degrees
Full Densecharger Cold Air Pickup
Bassani catted X
87MAF
FRPP 70mm TB
Steeda Double Adjustable Upper & Solid Lower rear control arms
UPR Chromoly Kmember/A arms
D&D front coil overs

Rear seat delete
Jack & spare removed
Any other weight removed (CD's, jackets, glovebox contents etc.)

I was farther down in the 12's than I thought I'd be.

steveatford

Established Member
thanks for all your help i will start to get to work on making my car run 12's thanks again i will let you know in a few weeks how it works.
also will a chip work just as good as a timing adjuster because superchip says it puts your timing up for you.
steve

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I don't like the programmers for this since they are too expensive. Chips are good if you have enough mods to get it tuned on the dyno, otherwise they are a bit too expensive for just adding timing. The T/A is much cheaper. You can also adjust the timing for higher octanes and other variables. With the chip your locked in on that one set parameter.

Users who are viewing this thread