run in with sl55amg

gud2goe

Established Member
well well well what can i say they are sweet rides. now let me say i have done a search to see who has had run-ins with one of these. there have been a coulpe posts by guys with STOCK cobras saying they kept up(nose to nose) or beat one of these. i thought kool......with that said (no flames anyone)...I SAY BULLSHIT. we were on the xway tooling home up comes the mb kinda fast. to me nbd. he goes past and has a sweet sounding xhaust. so i punch it and catch up. SOUNDS REAL GOOD. well hommy takes off i downshift to third and am hanging but definitely getting pulled. up we go 130mph and into traffic, so we slow down. next break we go again. again pulling me. well not wanting to be owned i pull up next and try again. well down to 3rd and i go, up to 6k and shift, 4th on up,,, i had the jump ithought i was gud:) ......guess what? up on me and past he went...

i can admit defeat. i think it would be tough for a lot(stock) of cobras to keep up. but more importantly,, it just means stock isnt gud anymore..here comes the metco and upper and chip.

i gave it thaat ol' univ of mich. try....i will not faulter ...lol

Last edited:

9900blueoval

Established Member
apples to oranges what 100,000 +M.B. compared to 30000+ STANG put 500-1000 into mods and some 200000+cars arent catching u like u said pulley chip and eaxhaust and you will own him

FLYNLO

Established Member
Originally posted by 03RedFireCobra
The AMG may not have been stock!

Who knows but I would bet that it was. These cars are packin' an underrated 493hp and 516lb/ft of torque. I had heard that they dyno over 450rwhp. Anyway, the magazines have them at 12.4@115 so they ain't no slouch. And it is an Auto so they can do that all day long. Top speed is around 190. Beautiful cars. Mercedes is building some beasts that's for sure. Nice death!!! Nothin' to be ashamed of. They are relatively fast.

Last edited:

gud2goe

Established Member
sorry for posting in the wrong area....:rollseyes

it was a sweet sounding ride.it was a fun little race...sorry i let the gang down..:(

peace and happy holidays..:beer:

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Originally posted by gud2goe
sorry for posting in the wrong area....:rollseyes

it was a sweet sounding ride.it was a fun little race...sorry i let the gang down..:(

peace and happy holidays..:beer:
Yeh, I agree with you about the guys with stock Cobras who think they can beat the new AMG's, I know how fast my friends 03' Cobra was when it was stock, after going for a ride in a friend of my grandparents E55, no comparison, that E55 felt as quick as my buds Viper and was a monster from a roll.

About the exhaust, believe it or not, it was still probably stock, those new AMG cars have a mean rumble for a stock vehicle. A hell of a lot louder then stock 03/04 Cobras. When they started the E55 up I was shocked at the amount of rumble that clearly came through the interior and especially on the outside. I also got to hear an SL55 go by at full throttle and could not believe how loud it was for a stock car, and really beautiful sounding.

Just start modding and go for more kills :rockon: , but be careful, those AMG's take to mods like our Cobras do:eek: :bowdown:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The stock x55 cars dyno 400-420 RWHP. Stock x600s dyno ~460 RWHP.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
don't forget our brick drag coef. comes into play at the higher speeds..I am sure they
have a lower Cd than us, so it makes it
that much harder to keep up or win.

Users who are viewing this thread