Run in with cammed 03 GT

wti01bullitt

Established Member
I was coming home from work today and noticed a mineral gray gt trying to catch up to me in traffic. I slowed down so we would get stopped at the light together and waited for him. We talked alittle and he told me he had a C&L Mass air, Bassani Mid-lengths with x-pipe, flowmaster catback and 3.73s. He also said he had Comp 270 cams, which I'm sure he did cause it had a rough idle and idled almost like mine did when I had those cams.
Anyways, he wanted to race from a dig and from a 30 roll so we decided to go right there. When the light went green I came off real easy to avoid too much spin and he probably moved out by about a car length, but man did I make up that in a hurry once I got in it. By the time I shifted into second I was next to him and then I started pulling hard. Hit third and kept pulling ahead. I let off after about 6 or 7 car lengths and waited for him to catch up. He told me he knew I would kill him from a roll but wanted to try anyways. We went alittle farther before we could get open enough for another run. We went to about 30 mph and I dropped it to second, which put me right in my powerband. He honked three times and hit it, I nailed it, my 315s hooked with no spin and I pulled ahead, grabbed third quick and walked easily away. When I went to get on thew freeway the guy waved and sped off. I love it when you beat someone and they still have the ability to be decent and wave. :rockon:

mkb116

Established Member
Nice Kill, what are your mods? Im interested becuase I have those comp cams also, and if you killed it that bad you must have some serious shit. Again, good kill.

I agree its awesome when people understand its all in fun, no reason to get hurt becuase you lost.

m8trix00

Established Member
sureal said:
Nice Kill, what are your mods? Im interested becuase I have those comp cams also, and if you killed it that bad you must have some serious shit. Again, good kill.

I agree its awesome when people understand its all in fun, no reason to get hurt becuase you lost.

What kind of power can be expected from a GT with those cams? Just curious.

thanks,

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
Yeah what are your mods you can't be stock. I hope your not stock if you are there is something seriously wrong with that GT.

wti01bullitt

Established Member
I'm not stock by any means. I have a build short block, longtubes with full exhaust, an Accufab single bladed TB, a LMAF, 4.10 gears, Vt blower cams, and a Novi 2000 with air to air intercooler. My last dyno I did 447 rwhp and 418 rwtq at 10lbs of boost with massive belt slippage.

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
wti01bullitt said:
I'm not stock by any means. I have a build short block, longtubes with full exhaust, an Accufab single bladed TB, a LMAF, 4.10 gears, Vt blower cams, and a Novi 2000 with air to air intercooler. My last dyno I did 447 rwhp and 418 rwtq at 10lbs of boost with massive belt slippage.

Ahh that explans it!

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
atlantic98 said:
they are single over head cam. thats one cam per head. My cobra dual over head cam. two cams over each head. =4. sohc=2

DOHHH! Haha thanks, stuck on F body sites so long I ended up owning myself with my question. :eek:

thenoz

SHUT THE F*CK UP CHARLES
Established Member
Camaroguy22 said:
DOHHH! Haha thanks, stuck on F body sites so long I ended up owning myself with my question. :eek:
don't feel bad. my stepdad tried to tell me dohc meant one cam per head until i showed him his truck said four cam on it.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
wti01bullitt said:

That explains the 6-7 car lengths. Got yourself a little sleeper there don't ya.

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Did you say you drove a bullit? I really like the looks of those cars, better that my 03 cobra. Looks like you got looks and power major props!

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
pwnt04 said:
They did a cam install on Horsepower TV last weekend on an '02 GT and picked up 11RWHP. :lol:

yea, I saw that...but given that the car was virtually BONE stock and had NO tuning, 11rwhp from a camswap on the 2V is not all that bad :beer:

wti01bullitt

Established Member
03MUSCLE said:
Did you say you drove a bullit? I really like the looks of those cars, better that my 03 cobra. Looks like you got looks and power major props!

i drive a black bullitt with black bullitt replicas. 17x9 in front and 17x10.5 in back.

Users who are viewing this thread