Run in with black harley davidson truck today

jonas

Established Member
Got into it on the 101 southbound between thousand oaks and the sfv. I have a sonic blue cobra. Any of you guys?

I took it to 120 a couple times (redline 4th) but it traffic got thick and I started chillin a bit, just hang back and watch him go.

Exited topanga canyon I believe

Nice truck!
:thumbsup:

jonas

Established Member
Well yea but I chicken shitted after 120 and hit the brake a couple times so he would get the clue but this guy has balls of steel.

I shut down and pull to the next line and he zipps by me.

I then just follow and check out his ride with an occasional blast but it wasnt as good as the inital 120. If you are familiar with the area, its fairly twisty.

03DOHC

Established Member
That goes through the hills and dumps into the sf valley by the galleria right? Oh, you were going south.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Jonas....careful bro. KB = HD....what color by chance? Danny did a swap for one HD dude so i can only imagine what surprise he has for the other guy.

florida03

Banned
My freind just put in a 6 lbs lower pully and diablo
on his 03 Harley over at razors edge .
Gave me a ride last week, sweet truck.
I did not see the dyno but he told
me it hit 410 hp 505 tq at the wheels.
Does that TQ sound high or is just me.

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
I think the 03 HD is the best truck out there. I love the silver on black but not the $60,000 that the guy at my work paid for his. Quick trucks too. Gave me a run for my money with out n20. My guess is they are low 14 sec trucks because I got him by 2+ cars.

jonas

Established Member
Originally posted by florida03
My freind just put in a 6 lbs lower pully and diablo
on his 03 Harley over at razors edge .
Gave me a ride last week, sweet truck.
I did not see the dyno but he told
me it hit 410 hp 505 tq at the wheels.
Does that TQ sound high or is just me.

They have bigger motors = more torque

N2TRUX

Originally posted by Rearpl8tsinsite
I think the 03 HD is the best truck out there. I love the silver on black but not the $60,000 that the guy at my work paid for his. Quick trucks too. Gave me a run for my money with out n20. My guess is they are low 14 sec trucks because I got him by 2+ cars.

Greetings guys! I followed a link from www.NHTOC.com to this thread. I thought I would clear a few things up for ya.

If your co-worker paid 60k for a Harley truck, he probably bought two. The sticker for my 02 was 38.5 k loaded, and usually they go out the door with discounts for 33-34k.

Yeah, the 02-03's (supercharged) are pretty quick for a crewcab truck. Off the show room, they average about mid 14's. Start throwing mods on them, and you'll get to the 13's pretty soon. With a stock block, and stock Eaton, but modded to the max, you might see a high 12 in good weather. Sprayin it helps alot too.

They did release a KB blower for it a couple months back. Most guys are finding that the KB is the fastest way to 12's. That puts them pretty close to the limit with a stock block. Try for much more power, and your risking disaster with stock rods....

:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread