Run in with a WRX

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
With the welcome spring like weather over the weekend, I took the Mach 1 out on the highways to see if I could get some drive cycles completed so it would pass inspection.

While cruising down the freeway, I came across a dark blue WRX. I have no idea what mods it may have had, other than a very obvious carbon fiber hood and deck lid. I'm in the left lane, and he nestles in behind me, and I mean right behind me! Every time I change lanes, or go around a car, just like a caboose, he's right there! A couple times I goosed it, and just walked away from him, but as soon I let off, there he was, right up my exhaust pipes.

After a couple miles of this, I started getting irritated, so I saw an opportunity to move into the middle lane, and plenty of open highway in front, so I dropped into third, and moved over to the right. That kind of took him by surprise. So now he's on my left side, and he winds it up! I'm in third gear doing around 55 or so, and let her rip! My tires break loose and things get a little squirrely for a moment, but then I shot by him like he dropped an anchor! I let him catch up and he just gave me a courtesy wave and decided to call it a day.

I know it's not much, but after being all cooped up this winter, I needed the adrenalin rush!

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Nice kill. Its always nice when someone isn't an asshole after you beat them. Sounds like it was a good looking WRX.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
LOL, nice. A good way to bring the Mach out of storage.
It was an absolutely gorgeous spring day here in the Mid-Atlantic region yesterday.

There were a few spots where melting snow was causing water issues on the roads, but I didn't care, it just felt good to go out and drive around with the windows down!

Saw a lot of Mustangs out on the roads yesterday, we must have all had the same idea!

Users who are viewing this thread