Rumor Mill: Return of the 5.0 Powerplant

steele501

Established Member
I know this is kind of an old rumor but the folks at stangnet.com have brought this back up. not sure what rumormill they got this info from, possible this site...

the specs match exactly what forum member "fourcams" has been preaching for awhile now.

http://www.stangnet.com/2010-Ford-Mustang/Rumor-Mill-Return-of-the-50-Powerplant-080922.html

The word out on the street regarding the next Ford Mustang engine lineup is that the 5.0 liter is set to return very soon. Dubbed the "Coyote", this speculated engine is a TiVCT 32v motor, producing 400 hp / 375 tq, is an aluminum block, has a 11:1 compression ratio, and the top end is capped at 7,000 RPM. Some sources say that this new powerplant will replace the current 3v 4.6 liter found in the 2005 - 2009 Mustang. Rumblings also indicate that this motor will be crafted at Ford’s Essex Engine Plant in Windsor, Ontario. The only jagged edge on this dreamy cloud is the strong compression ratio: many Mustang fans of contemporary times love to run boost on their stock components. If the Coyote comes to fruition, we could expect to see more bottles of giggle gas at the track and less whining...from the Mustang at least.

Rumor Mill Rundown on the "Coyote"

TiVCT 32 valve

Aluminum block

400 horsepower

375 ft-lb of torque

11:1 compression ratio

7,000 RPM redline

What are y'alls thoughts?

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
sounds pretty good to me. just get some low compression pistons if you need the whine. hell, you'll need to go built if you want to make serious power anyway. ford's motors almost always have a weak spot in the rotating assembly.

50 Proof

Established Member
The word out on the street regarding the next Ford Mustang engine lineup is that the 5.0 liter is set to return very soon. Dubbed the "Coyote", this speculated engine is a

:lol:
Am I the only one that thinks the code name is f'n lame? The 82-93 Mustangs had a 5.0 and were called a Fox. Now Ford wants to bring the 5.0 back in Modular form and call it a Coyote? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
Sounds badass. Hopefully it can sound like the old hatches with the off road h and 2 chamber flows.

Evan5469

Established Member
Am I the only one that thinks the code name is f'n lame? The 82-93 Mustangs had a 5.0 and were called a Fox. Now Ford wants to bring the 5.0 back in Modular form and call it a Coyote? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fox referred to the chassis, not the motor. :shrug:

50 Proof

Established Member
Ford released the 82 Mustang GT, a fox body, saying that "the boss is back" in a time where Ford wasn't doing too well. Now Ford is trying to release a Coyote Mustang with a 5.0 during a time where Ford isn't doing so well. History DOES repeat itself, Ford failed again and now they're hoping to use past success that was seen with the fox body for future gains.

50 Proof

Established Member
Fox referred to the chassis, not the motor. :shrug:

Do you know for certain that coyote a code name for the engine or for the 2010 Mustang?

Even though the 2010 Mustang is still on the same s197 chassis, it's still a new generation of Mustangs. Fox Body = 79-93, SN95 = 94-98, New Edge = 99-04. All were on the same chassis with different code names. S197 = 05-09. How much you want to make a bet that Coyote will be the code name for 2010+ Mustangs?

Last edited:

Evan5469

Established Member
Do you know for certain that coyote a code name for the engine or for the 2010 Mustang?

Even though the 2010 Mustang is still on the same s197 chassis, it's still a new generation of Mustangs. Fox Body = 79-93, SN95 = 94-98, New Edge = 99-04. All were on the same chassis with different code names. S197 = 05-09. How much you want to make a bet that Coyote will be the code name 2010 - ? Mustangs?

Pretty sure it's just the code name for the engine. :burnout:

And I will wager 5 e-dollars. :lol:

steele501

Established Member

if ford gonna make a 400hp GT, they can call it the "pooper scooper" for all i care:pepper:

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member

You got it all wrong... they were called fox bodies because of the body not the engine. Those were 302 Windsors. Just like the made the 335 Cleveland. The name Coyote fits it just fine.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
well would you look at that? if these stats are correct, fourcam was right the entire time. what a suprise.

50 Proof

Established Member
You got it all wrong... they were called fox bodies because of the body not the engine. Those were 302 Windsors. Just like the made the 335 Cleveland. The name Coyote fits it just fine.

I got it all wrong? Last time I checked there hasn't been anything official released about the 2010 Mustang other than some really bad spyshots that do nothing to make the car look appealing. So let me ask you something. You know for certain that the term coyote will not apply to the 2010 Mustang as a whole? And how do you know this?

Ladies and Gentlemen, PhLoBuS knows all the inside info about the 2010 Mustang. True story...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread